• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] Rulantica: Vikingløp (RallyRacer) & Nordiskturn (lounges & food)

It does suggest they’re struggling for numbers and I’m sure the heating bill isn’t cheap. They’ve been offering a 2 for 1 hotel package with Rulantica for a few months now, so I’m guessing that hasn’t pulled in as many punters as they were hoping and thus the extension of this offer to AP holders.

It does suggest they’re struggling for numbers and I’m sure the heating bill isn’t cheap. They’ve been offering a 2 for 1 hotel package with Rulantica for a few months now, so I’m guessing that hasn’t pulled in as many punters as they were hoping and thus the extension of this offer to AP holders.

I suspect their break even point in terms of the number of guests needed will have increased significantly due to the cost of fuel. Even if they were getting the same numbers or slightly more than previous years it won’t cover the increased costs so they need to push for more visitors in the off season.

The resort hotels are always going to be way quieter in off peak periods, especially in winter, so it's no surprise. There was always a massively discounted hotel offer off peak anyway in winter. In fact, i am sure some of the hotels aren't even open.

They will have known that off peak periods in January/February were always going to be dead when they announced that Rulantica would open 10-10 every day of the year (New Year's Eve (7pm) and Christmas Eve/Christmas Day (closed) aside).

I remain surprised that they maintain 10pm during winter weekdays when the theme park is closed, but hey ho.

The aesthetic of the slides is poor. Why do they insist on the garish slide colours across Rulantica which wouldn’t look out of place in Stoke on Trent? Surely browns and beiges would work better here given the thematics of the tower?

The aesthetic of the slides is poor. Why do they insist on the garish slide colours across Rulantica which wouldn’t look out of place in Stoke on Trent? Surely browns and beiges would work better here given the thematics of the tower?
I was thinking just that. The bright colours do stand out in a bad way and look out of place.

A fully themed staircase queue though at last!
20230208_165114.jpg

The aesthetic of the slides is poor. Why do they insist on the garish slide colours across Rulantica which wouldn’t look out of place in Stoke on Trent? Surely browns and beiges would work better here given the thematics of the
Interesting point.

I think it’s purposely colourful to draw attention to the slides. The brighter the colours the more notice you’re going to get.

These slides are a shop window for Rulantica when driving or walking past, that’s my take on it anyway.

I don't really take issue with the colours. You barely see the exterior of the slides from within the water park.

Thematically the gems mined in the new themed area give the slides their colours. So they’ve also tried to make it part of the story.

Plus I believe there are screens at the bottom with the colours and race times for each slide so presumably it helps guests ordination?
20230208_180723.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sure it all comes together thematically, it’s just his particular picture that screams tacky UK waterpark, makes me think there must be a plastic palm tree just out of shot.

AADBCE97-35D8-4667-85C1-380EA55B639D.jpeg

I’ll just have to plan another visit to see it in real life. :)

Looks really great. I also don't mind the colors, I think in a way it's necessary to differentiate the 8 slides for the racing format. The themed staircase queue is also great, the unthemed staircases to some of the other slides are easily some of the worst parts of Rulantica, and stick out like a sore thumb given how well-themed the rest of the park is.

Regarding the promo photo with the team, I do think that Ed Euromaus should not be allowed in Rulantica. He has no place in the water world.

The colours don't really bother me either. They do look a bit garish at the bottom but from inside Rulantica you cannot really see the sections of slide that are outdoors. Then of the other slides in Rulantica, those that do venture inside the main hall are appropriately coloured.

Yeah the large landing basin at the end looks rather garish and out of place - but find me a tacky water park with the quality rockwork & lanterns surrounding it. ;) Even the worst bit still is better than other parks.
The rest looks all great though; every much the full themed package with great aesthetics from the areas, queue and starting positions. From EPFan95's vlog you see that even the ceiling of the queue/stairs is themed with a rig to look like a pulley system carrying gems that have been mined up/down the tower. It's such a big step up from the other queues.

Ignoring the space in the upper levels of the tower which are supposedly set aside for just some new VIP rooms for hire in future - we do find ourselves in the first time in Rulantica's history there's no construction work going on for new offerings. It's impressive how they really have been relentlessly expanding ever since opening. Intrigued to see what comes next; imagine they won't sit still for long.

Last edited:
I’m sure it all comes together thematically, it’s just his particular picture that screams tacky UK waterpark, makes me think there must be a plastic palm tree just out of shot.
You really do not notice it when your riding.

Annabelle commented that is was like having a Wodan themed ride at the water park, and it got me wondering if anyone is aware of any links or nods to Wodan anywhere in the ride or queue line? I could not spot any.

The new VIP suites in Nordiskturn are now available.

Rulantica Svit - 634,00 €

Exclusive day suite with style
Four day suites with a feel-good guarantee are available on the third floor of the Nordiskturn. In the Rulantica Svits "Nørd", "Øst", "Sør" and "Vest" you can relax surrounded by exclusive materials and luxurious furnishings. The design of the day suites is characterized by metallic and high-gloss elements paired with a wood and clinker look.

Enjoy a cool breeze on your private loggia in summer, and a private sauna with adjoining lounge area is not only tempting in winter. Other amenities include a daybed, spa bathtub, comfortable seating and Smart TV. In addition, your private retreat offers you personal gastronomic service, minibar, shower/toilet, a private elevator and WiFi.

With their luxurious ambience, the day suites, which can accommodate up to four people, are ideal for special occasions with family and friends.

Our tip: Enjoy the evening sun on our sun terrace "Sølterrass" on the 3rd floor of the Nordiskturn, which is reserved exclusively for the guests of our day suites.
RU23_Svits_Sor_Sofaecke.jpg
RU23_Nordiskturn_Svits_Ost_1.jpg
RU23_Svits_Ost_Aussicht.jpg
RU23_RUL-Svits-Nord.jpg

RU23_RUL-Svits-Vest.jpg

Rulantica VIP Svit - 794,00 €

Luxurious day suite for the highest demands
High up in the Nordiskturn, maximum relaxation awaits you in our VIP Svits "Sørvind" and "Vestavind" surrounded by a luxurious ambience. Individual design, characterized by metallic and high-gloss elements, wood and clinker look, gives the VIP Svits on the 4th and 5th floor of the Nordiskturn a very personal, exclusive touch.

Each of the two-storey VIP day suites has high-quality furnishings and a private balcony. A spacious lounge area with a sofa, daybed, wellness bathtub, Smart TV and other amenities awaits you on the ground floor. On the upper floor, pure relaxation is guaranteed in the private sauna with adjoining relaxation and lying area. In addition, you can look forward to personal gastronomic service, a minibar, two showers, a private elevator, WiFi and much more.

Whether as a couple, with family or friends - our VIP day suites for up to four people offer the ideal setting for special occasions or a relaxing day in a private luxury retreat.
Our tip: Enjoy the evening sun on our sun terrace "Sølterrass" on the 3rd floor of the Nordiskturn, which is reserved exclusively for the guests of our day suites.
RU23_Svits_Vestavind_badewanne-2.jpg
RU23_Svits_Sorvind_sofa-1_0.jpg

RU23_Svits_Sorvind_Sauna-1.jpg
RU23_Svits_Sorvind_badewanne-header-1.jpg

RU23-Svits_Vestavind_Tagesbett-Aussicht.jpg

The suite guests also get a VIP entrance to the 'Vikinglop' RallyRacer slides, and 1 included entry ticket for the guest booking (others in the group will need to buy their own tickets separately).

Source Source

I love Europa. It does however make me chuckle when people excuse their inability to reopen their F&B outlets, whilst at the same time they continue to build a flurry of €700 a day water park suites.