• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] Rulantica: Vikingløp (RallyRacer) & Nordiskturn (lounges & food)

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
Parkerlebnis are reporting that plans are afoot for a new slide tower at Rulantica which will presumably open in 2022 or 2023.

A new eight lane racing slide (which can be found, for example, at a number of other water parks) is planned. This will be manufactured by ProSlide, as are all other slides in the park. Two other slides will be added to this tower, making 3 new attractions in total. In addition, EP are considering adding further catering/wellness/sauna capacity as part of this expansion.

Video of equivalent at Hersheypark (note, this shows a 6-lane version. Europa-Park are believed to be getting 8-lanes):

This expansion is on top of the current expansions. A new indoor relaxation area and bar opened recently, Snorri Snorkling will open soon and in 2021, two new areas are also being built. Discussion can be found for the 2021 expansions here.

The Rulantica juggernaut is astounding.

Original article.

Nice to see even more investment in Rulantica.

It’s not clear from the article if this will be indoor or outdoor (unless I missed it?). If it is indoors I guess it would involve an extension, or could this fit in the existing indoor building?

Nice to see even more investment in Rulantica.

It’s not clear from the article if this will be indoor or outdoor (unless I missed it?). If it is indoors I guess it would involve an extension, or could this fit in the existing indoor building?

If they are putting a slide tower in, I guess it could be attached to the main hall. Unsure though... it's a juggling act because outdoor towers and attractions, such as those for 2021, will only really be useable between May and September...

Another brilliant investment coming up for Rulantica it seems! The racer slides will be a very welcome addition and perfect for all the family.

Christ! Not including the Trolldal slides or any "attractions" such as the wave pool/Skip Strand inflatable assault course thing, Rulantica will have a solid 32 slides by the time this is installed! Madness!

Without wanting to sound pessimistic, because this news is excellent, I have to reiterate my previous observation that quantity is not Rulantica’s issue. For me, the biggest gap is a headline waterslide. The slides that they have already or are currently planned are good, but there’s not a standout attraction.

I know it’s a family water park, which focuses on themeing, but I don’t think that’s a reason to not have a world class slide attraction. Especially as these are becoming more and more common.

Without wanting to sound pessimistic, because this news is excellent, I have to reiterate my previous observation that quantity is not Rulantica’s issue. For me, the biggest gap is a headline waterslide. The slides that they have already or are currently planned are good, but there’s not a standout attraction.

I know it’s a family water park, which focuses on themeing, but I don’t think that’s a reason to not have a world class slide attraction. Especially as these are becoming more and more common.
I agree. They really need a master blaster type thing, something that's great fun for all the family. The most thrilling slides there at the moment (the trapdoor slides - Dugdrob and Vildfal) have a very small audience. I've been to Rulantica twice now and have never seen them attract more than a 5-10 minute wait. Meanwhile, the most popular slide (by queue time anyway) is Svalgur Rytt which is suitable for everyone, but the problem is that it's just crap.

Christ! Not including the Trolldal slides or any "attractions" such as the wave pool/Skip Strand inflatable assault course thing, Rulantica will have a solid 32 slides by the time this is installed! Madness!
Are you counting an 8 lane racer slide as 8 slides? Rulantica's attraction count is already a bit dubious - Hugin and Mugin don't really count as different attractions IMO, never mind trying to pass off Isbrekker as 2.

Good addition for the park though, racer slides are always a family favorite and the capacity should be very high. Not sure why it has to be a face first mat slide though. They're awkward to get in to and at the deceleration lane you end up face down in the water. Will be interesting to see where they put it too. I'm struggling to visualise how they could add another tower accessed from inside the building, but any outdoor tower would presumably have to be closed outside of summer

Last edited:
I agree. They really need a master blaster type thing, something that's great fun for all the family. The most thrilling slides there at the moment (the trapdoor slides - Dugdrob and Vildfal) have a very small audience. I've been to Rulantica twice now and have never seen them attract more than a 5-10 minute wait. Meanwhile, the most popular slide (by queue time anyway) is Svalgur Rytt which is suitable for everyone, but the problem is that it's just crap.
I also agree, really surprised they haven't gone for a large master blaster like the Krakatau Aqua Coaster or Toothless' Trickling Torpedo. :confused:

A large water coaster/Master Blaster would be hugely welcome. There are two additional slides going in here, so we'll see what is planned...

One thing I would say is that these larger water coasters (such as Hersheypark's "Breakers Edge") have fairly poor capacity... and you end up with 2 hour queues at Hershey. Not ideal. EP would possibly need to look at Typhoon Lagoon's "Crush 'n' Gusher" Master Blaster - where there are several lanes. That isn't cheap, though...

A large water coaster/Master Blaster would be hugely welcome. There are two additional slides going in here, so we'll see what is planned...

One thing I would say is that these larger water coasters (such as Hersheypark's "Breakers Edge") have fairly poor capacity... and you end up with 2 hour queues at Hershey. Not ideal. EP would possibly need to look at Typhoon Lagoon's "Crush 'n' Gusher" Master Blaster - where there are several lanes. That isn't cheap, though...
Universal has Krakatau Aqua Coaster in Volcano Bay, and that seems to cope fairly well with the large crowds that that park gets. If one can cope fine in Volcano Bay, I’m sure one could cope with Rulantica’s level of demand too.

Universal has Krakatau Aqua Coaster in Volcano Bay, and that seems to cope fairly well with the large crowds that that park gets. If one can cope fine in Volcano Bay, I’m sure one could cope with Rulantica’s level of demand too.
I can only assume the Hershey ride is poorly operated then.

Queues at Rulantica dont tip over 40 minutes for any slide really. In fact, apart from Svalgur Rytt and Vinter Rytt, queues tend to max out at about 15/20 minutes.

Queues at some waterparks can easily go over 1 hour. Not much fun!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I can only assume the Hershey ride is poorly operated then.

Queues at Rulantica dont tip over 40 minutes for any slide really. In fact, apart from Svalgur Rytt and Vinter Rytt, queues tend to max out at about 15/20 minutes.

Queues at some waterparks can easily go over 1 hour. Not much fun!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I've experienced long queues at certain UK Waterparks and it is indeed not fun at all, especially when you have a time limit in the pool. :mad:

Just seen this excellent view of the water park;

Goes really in-depth and is really informative, and raises some good points as well. One thing he mentioned though that concerns me is the fact that you can use the RFID bands to pay for stuff without adding a credit card. Surely you could inadventently spend too much without reaslising until you go to pay at the end?

One thing he mentioned though that concerns me is the fact that you can use the RFID bands to pay for stuff without adding a credit card. Surely you could inadventently spend too much without reaslising until you go to pay at the end?

Why would adding a credit card to your band beforehand make any difference to spending to much?

Why would adding a credit card to your band beforehand make any difference to spending to much?
Good point actually, but mine still stands. If you don't keep track of what your spending you could easilly spend too much without realising.

Good point actually, but mine still stands. If you don't keep track of what your spending you could easilly spend too much without realising.
Unless it's changed (I've not watched the video), there's a limit of 150,€, so as long as you've got that amount to pay with then you'll be totally fine. The food and drink in the water park is reasonably priced (alcoholic drinks can be bought from just over 3,€ iirc) so unless you're planning on drinking your way through the day, you've nothing to worry about. If you have a few drinks and a couple of meals, you'd be hard pressed to break the 50,€ barrier.