• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] The Curse at Alton Manor

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
All the imagery, style and apparent theme are very much reminding me of "The Curse of Molly Crowe" scaremaze therefore I am entirely under the assumption that no new theming has gone in just the old stuff removed and they will just put a bag over your head, Also a world's first on a ride I think so there is your unique selling point.

I'm intrigued by the hands at the back of the car too, especially with the woman looking over her shoulder. Duel only had the two rows.

The lady on the back row in the graphic appears to be looking backwards at the owner of the hands in fear.

The cars may be back to 6 seats but it is fairly certain the ride system hasn’t been changed in any significant way.

Looks good!
Glad a reference to Sparks was made.

If the speed of the cars hasn't been changed , let’s hope the new effects are timed and configured to fit in with each of the passing cars.
If any of the walls of the scenes have been knocked down or changed, let's also hope that we can't see the cars ahead. The focus should always be on the scene!

I believe they originally considered themeing the ride to the current state of the resort hotels but decided that would be too frightening for the guests.
Very disappointing for the people who wanted this ride to be as scary as possible. Must have been the Secret Garden that convinced Merlin to not go down this route.

I wonder what this thing in the window is? It looks like it could be a person or a cat.
b566fe1f1b1d664beda1677c60ad5b13.jpg

Sent from my SM-A516B using Tapatalk

So then, only just found out about the announcement so let me give my thoughts on it so far, starting with the name...

Well...bit of a mouthful of a name but having the name Alton Manor in the title actually is a throw back to the early days of the park I've just realised. If you remember we had Alton Beast, Alton Mouse and now Alton Manor...not sure if this is actually their planned thinking when they chose that name of just a happy coincidence, either way it is a nice touch when you think about it.

Plus that reference to Keith Sparks does add to the love the team are putting into the attraction, hopefully that means bringing back Keith's face in the fireplace.

So yeah, looking promising I say, just hopefully no killer ducks sighted.

The Sparks reference gives me hope that this project is being done with care and passion. Perhaps it is hinting that TCaAM will be taking inspiration from the HH?

First thing that came to mind was a man in a top hat. However, it could just be one of the thin bars across the window giving that hat effect. It does look like a head and shoulders though.

Can we appreciate the fact that it has taken us less than a day to give this thing an acronym. 🤣

In all seriousness, I am very excited for this. It is the first time in a while that I have seen Merlin/ towers market an attraction with good, solid content, and not worlds first, or overexaggerated rubbish. It also appears that they are going to move away from that stupid "scariest ride ever, PG-13, Waiver signed ride" angle that has consistently ruined attractions that have absolutely undelivered to their marketing. The little touces suggest that this is being made by people who respect the attractions history, but clearly shows a strong new angle, which Duel nevermangaed to achieve. The change of theme is significant enough to suggest that a fair portion of the interior will be reworked, and the new effects for the UK sounds interesting. Overall, this is the first project for a while, where I haven't spent the entirety of my time thinking "Oh my god they made an absolute mess of the marketing for this didn't they." And no IP!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.