• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The track is black - we have literal evidence of this. We do not need several more pages of discussion about it.
No we don’t. From this picture we don’t know where this track is going. I agree we don’t need more discussion about it until some hard evidence comes out, I for one really am bored with these assumptions with no solid proof to back it up.

That colour doesn't look too bad up close!

IMG_1741.jpg

(from FB)
Where on FB, @Skyscraper?

No we don’t. From this picture we don’t know where this track is going. I agree we don’t need more discussion about it until some hard evidence comes out, I for one really am bored with these assumptions with no solid proof to back it up.
The track has been seen with labels showing it is for Nemesis. There has been solid proof further up this thread of that.
I would say it’s 95% certain now that the track is black. We don’t know if there will be anything more to it but further speculation about it coming back off-white again would be pointless at this point.

The track has been seen with labels showing it is for Nemesis. There has been solid proof further up this thread of that.
I would say it’s 95% certain now that the track is black. We don’t know if there will be anything more to it but further speculation about it coming back off-white again would be pointless at this point.
I’d gladly appreciate it if you could point the proof out in this thread. I will have a look through too. No labels visible in this picture.

I’d gladly appreciate it if you could point the proof out in this thread. I will have a look through too. No labels visible in this picture.

Have a read of this thread.

I used the search button for “label” in this thread and here is the post

I’m reserving judgement on it until the ride is assembled myself.
🤔 You certainly didn’t reserve judgement in your posts after this.
They might well theme those to something else that isn’t the track.

Alton Towers’ current interpretation of the lore seems to be that the track is the steel pinning down the monster, so they may alter the station to reflect this. As per Alton Towers’ website:

Source: https://www.altontowers.com/explore/theme-park/rides-attractions/nemesis/

With this in mind, black track would actually be quite befitting of this version of the story.
Remember though that what is written on their website hasn’t always been there, nor is the Phalanx mentioned in the Nemesis story audio track.

Thank you @jon81uk for the links you posted. Even if it is the track, and it comes over to the UK in that awful ghastly colour, let’s see if the paint sprayers get some time with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

This picture is from the factory currently fabricating Nemesis track, these track pieces have been photographed with nemesis code attached and earlier long distance pictures show black track.

Nemesis V 2 definitely has black track. It is rumoured to be embellished with more detail when it gets here but it’s definitely Nemesis track.

🤔 You certainly didn’t reserve judgement in your posts after this.

Remember though that what is written on their website hasn’t always been there, nor is the Phalanx mentioned in the Nemesis story audio track.

Thank you @jon81uk for the links you posted. Even if it is the track, and it comes over to the UK in that awful ghastly colour, let’s see if the paint sprayers get some time with it.

Anyway, with all this talk of black, I see the BTM movement being formed - Black Track Matters.
I apologise for not sticking to my word. I aim to be open-minded, and I try and use open-ended words like "could" rather than "is" to show that any opinions I hold while an attraction is being built are not necessarily the opinions I will hold once it's done, but if you feel I am being too hasty or prejudiced, I apologise, and I'll butt out of the discussion from here on in.

With regard to your second comment, though; I would say that just because The Phalanx was not mentioned in the original Nemesis lore, that does not mean that the story listed on the website or the mentions of the Phalanx around the area by Alton Towers are not fitting of the ride or its new vision. Alton Towers' vision for the ride may have changed in the 30 years since it was originally designed, and if black track is part of that new vision, then so be it, in my opinion.

Last edited:
By all means if denial is your coping method, we can start calling this Traxit, burying heads into sand pretending it really isn’t as bad we dread it will be….
Denial there is not.

I apologise for not sticking to my word. I aim to be open-minded, and I try and use open-ended words like "could" rather than "is" to show that any opinions I hold while an attraction is being built are not necessarily the opinions I will hold once it's done, but if you feel I am being too hasty or prejudiced, I apologise, and I'll butt out of the discussion from here on in.

With regard to your second comment, though; I would say that just because The Phalanx was not mentioned in the original Nemesis lore, that does not mean that the story listed on the website or the mentions of the Phalanx around the area by Alton Towers are not fitting of the ride or its new vision. Alton Towers' vision for the ride may have changed in the 30 years since it was originally designed, and if black track is part of that new vision, then so be it, in my opinion.
No need to apologise mate, and I’m certainly not trying to call anyone out. Just wanted to make the point of your contradiction, I’m not trying to be horrid or anything. Feel free to continue as you were in this topic. 😀

Getting back to the Phalanx, yes I agree, whilst I’m not over-keen on it, and I think the possible altering of the story after 30 years isn’t right.

Getting back to the Phalanx, yes I agree, whilst I’m not over-keen on it, and I think the possible altering of the story after 30 years isn’t riright.
Same, I don't think it would work well for first timers as they'll just be really confused with the area and the supposed story behind it, and it wouldn't be as timeless as a post apocalyptic Junk Yard. If they go that route, I personally cant see that theme and concept lasting for 30 years. FB has lasted for nearly 30 years with little change as a theme and concept with little to no problems. As they say, sequels rarely live up to the original, let's just hope we're proven wrong here.

It's not just a standard AT black coaster with secret organisation theme though is it? This time, the black is "gloss", so nice and shiny and it's not the same as the X Sector theme because this time the organisation has tanks, guns, helicopters and a pantomime style bad guy with a moustache. A moustache for Christ's sake! Doesn't get more original and villain like than that! The Merlin creative and marketing teams have really pushed the boat out with this one.

Calling it now. SW9 will have a "metallic" black track to differentiate it from the others, the secret sinister organisation will have a nuclear warhead to 1-up the Phalanx, and the main baddie will have a beard, top hat and cane to go with his moustache. "Mmwahahaha' he'll laugh, "you'll never defeat me". "Oh yes we will" we'll all exclaim. "Oh no you won't" he'll reply. And so on and so forth.

This company really knows how to take something that's good, excrete all over it and then market it as something better. A coaster with the same layout as Nemesis will open next year, but Nemesis is never reopening.

I wonder if this is the inspiration for the new colour:

EWY8ivrXsAsbXLT.jpg

I wonder if this is the inspiration for the new colour:

EWY8ivrXsAsbXLT.jpg
Fun fact: The guy that made the poster above is also the same person who made many of the original HH portraits, though not identical since his original drawings of them are dated before the rides opening and were mostly used for book covers back in the 70s and 80s. His name is Les Edwards.

Last edited:
I don't think there are any fun facts anymore.
Agreed, we're just going over and over the same facts constantly. As has been said a few times before, everyone needs to accept that the track will be black and move on. I know not everyone is happy about it but things do change.

Let's focus on other aspects from now on instead of the colour.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.