• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Did anybody else realise there was a page on the Alton Towers blog for rebuilding Nemesis? Just stumbled across it.

That's the same as the press release.

Merlin love giving their coasters their own iconography. No coaster since Smiler has debuted without its own icon, this could be New Nemmy’s, looks a bit like the eye, no?

Well.....as much as I think the Phalanx is a but crappie, if it brings dome cohesion to the area and is done well I won't knock it.

Merlin love giving their coasters their own iconography. No coaster since Smiler has debuted without its own icon, this could be New Nemmy’s, looks a bit like the eye, no?
No, I think as jmc said, this is likely part of a storyline of a group of rebels wanting to expose The Phalanx corruption, and this is their symbol.

No images sadly, but more track has been installed this evening.
Still very early days and the number of pieces installed is still in single figures but this does beg the question...why are they getting track in so early? Probably nothing more than sooner the better because of the risk of bad winter weather later this year delaying things but could it also mean that there is a lot more theming and building work required that we don't know about that will take up the time over the autumn and winter months and the track needs to be in place to do it?

Ooo. Which section?
Just after the final corkscrew before the tunnel.

Still very early days and the number of pieces installed is still in single figures but this does beg the question...why are they getting track in so early? Probably nothing more than sooner the better because of the risk of bad winter weather later this year delaying things but could it also mean that there is a lot more theming and building work required that we don't know about that will take up the time over the autumn and winter months and the track needs to be in place to do it?
Getting the track in before summer means they can make the most of these off-peak periods to get any inconvenience out of the way. These 4pm closes mean they have extra time outside of park hours with good light and not having to close the Monorail or Galactica, I suspect they'll be giving themselves plenty of leeway for winter conditions, extra time for touch-ups on the station and area and to ensure it is open on day one next year, no questions asked.

These 4pm closes mean they have extra time outside of park hours with good light and not having to close the Monorail or Galactica
Do we know if Galactica will have to close as part of the construction? Or will the park be able to put the bits of the track near Galactic whithout closing the ride in opening hours?

Do we know if Galactica will have to close as part of the construction? Or will the park be able to put the bits of the track near Galactic whithout closing the ride in opening hours?

I assume this is why it's been done whilst the park is closed. All the track that would seemingly cause disruption to Galactica looks to be in place now.

I assume this is why it's been done whilst the park is closed. All the track that would seemingly cause disruption to Galactica looks to be in place now.
Nice, I haven't seen may updates recently so was wondering what track they had started installing next. Good to know they have planned the construction to disrupt the park the least.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.