• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know it's getting a bit of a mixed reaction, but personally I really like the new track scheme. It's completely unique, and follows the theme of the ride. I for one hope that they continue this throughout other areas of the ride, i.e;

1. The Station gets a re-paint. Dark black with red tentacles/veins on the outside. On the inside, a freshen up - with perhaps a screen or two with a new video explaining the Nemesis story. Possibly an updated story explaining how the creature is now alive after 30 years.
  2. The waterfalls return in some form, how feasible this is now I do not know. I do not expect the blood river red water to return after the environmental issues it caused - but we can dream, right?
  3. New logo, possibly going back to the original Nemesis font - but with "NEMESIS: RE30RN" as the name. As I 100% believe we will get a new name tying it all into the 30th anniversary, along with the theme of the creature 'coming alive'.
  4. New theming elements. Maybe some sort of Phalanx equipment that has been taken over by the creature?
I love the thought of there being a lot more movement, noise and effects. Make it feel like the creature is alive. That it's back after 30 years and walking into the queue line you can feel it. Nemesis 1.0, the Phalanx had contained the creature. Nemesis: RE30RN, the Phalanx are struggling to regain control of the creature as it wakes from it's slumber.

I hope there's no play on words when it comes to the name Nemesis Reborn. RE30RN would be a bit of fun next year for the 30th anniversary of Nemesis but longer term it just doesn't make any sense. It just looks a bit cheap, and means every time you type or print the coaster name anywhere is has to be in caps because Nemesis Re30rn just doesn't work.

I hope there's no play on words when it comes to the name Nemesis Reborn. RE30RN would be a bit of fun next year for the 30th anniversary of Nemesis but longer term it just doesn't make any sense. It just looks a bit cheap, and means every time you type or print the coaster name anywhere is has to be in caps because Nemesis Re30rn just doesn't work.

I agree. I think I'd be happy with it as 'REBORN' with the letters staying the same, but a bit of colour to highlight the hidden '30' in the name. That could work nicely on merch as well.

They’ve already done that with 13 haven’t they and it just looks confusing.

Every time I see RE30RN, all I see is RESORN - so while Nemesis is out of action this year, has it been SORN'd then? 🤣 🤣

it’s worth noting that Sub Terra is likely reopening with the original sign - using the “new” Nemesis font. While this could be changed for 2024 it dashes my expectations of returning the original Nemesid logo

I can't see a return to the old Nemesis logo. Given the shift in the change of track colour/thematic painting, I can see a completely new logo different to its predecessors. The creative teams want their mark on this.

I'm personally not bothered what they do with the 'RE30RN'/'REBORN' title, everyone will call it Nemesis. It would be good if they could use the 'REBORN' title for 2024 and drop it from 2025 onwards. After all, its only purpose is to make a clear point to the GP that it's a different Nemesis.

Please no...! It would be full of vloggers and attending would be irritating as hell. I can't think how "excited" some of them would be getting when the final bolt went in place too!
Exactly why they would ticket it so you could choose whether to attend or not

They could just not bother with a new moniker and call it "Nemesis"? An intense and thrilling B&M invert that could be themed around an alien monster that lived underground for centuries, who's presence was felt by ancient civilisations who pilgrimaged to the site to worship this mysterious place. During "routine excavations", the site is disturbed and the monster flung it's tentacles out to feed. These were pinned down with steel and it's these tentacles that you ride today!

It doesn't involve cookie cutter black track and a military theme. But I think it works. In fact, I think it's worked for 28 years.

Then the folks at MMM would be free to dream up a decent and original coaster of their own without ruining someone else's imaginative work with their formulaic and cringe worthy nonsense.

The creative teams want their mark on this.
If that's true, wanting to mark their scent on Nemesis for their own ego isn't justification for any potential bad decisions. Although I won't judge if that's the case til it's finished.

Since the ride isnt changing theme, the focus in everything on this project should be to improve Nemesis through considered changes instead of changes for the sake of it.

As for the logo, the current one (a downloaded font) is ripe for improving and the original was a stronger brand.

Last edited:
Since the ride isnt changing theme, the focus in everything on this project should be to improve Nemesis through considered changes instead

But it potentially is changing theme? Was a mythical monster sprawling across a pit. Now looks likely to be a steel structure in a pit with a limbless monster in the middle and some army dudes with a helicopter, helmed by a cartoon baddie sporting a 1980's police constable moustache.

Have we come to terms with they’re going to change the music?

I’m hoping beyond all hope it’s left as is, but I’m slowly coming to terms with it

If they changed lots of the other things about the ride I’d just plead that’s the one thing left as is

Have we come to terms with they’re going to change the music?

I’m hoping beyond all hope it’s left as is, but I’m slowly coming to terms with it

If they changed lots of the other things about the ride I’d just plead that’s the one thing left as is

I'd be devastated if they changed the music. It's one of the best pieces of music written for a ride ever in my opinion.

I expect there will be a new IMAscore soundtrack, but I would also expect it will be somewhat similar to the original music for at least parts of it. It would be a pity to lose that iconic sound completely!

I wonder how we would react if the Phalanx theme of Nemesis had been the one that had lasted 28 years and what we know as the theme of Nemesis was replacing it after the retrack, as people are intrinsically resistant to change. There may be some nostalgia involved in not wanting the Phalanx retheme.

I'd be devastated if they changed the music. It's one of the best pieces of music written for a ride ever in my opinion.
Thing is, we've been told by Towers themselves that the ride will remain the same physical ride experience but with a few "bells and whistles" added (not literally of course!); they're keeping the name (but may tweak it); they're keeping the general gist of the story (but tweaking it); we presume on the whole that they're keeping the general theming (but tweaking it) so it makes sense to keep the music and tweak it a bit as @Rob suggests. I'd be very surprised if we had a completely new piece of music composed like The Curse's was.

I wonder how we would react if the Phalanx theme of Nemesis had been the one that had lasted 28 years and what we know as the theme of Nemesis was replacing it after the retrack, as people are intrinsically resistant to change. There may be some nostalgia involved in not wanting the Phalanx retheme.
What Phalanx retheme?
Marketing and thoosie vapours.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.