• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The helix supports were supports that I seem to remember being listed as altered in the original planning application, so I wouldn't be surprised if that support was thicker than the old support.

IMG_4721.png

I was going to agree that they were thicker, however they do look very similar in thickness, I know this isn’t the best photo to judge it off of.

I guess you didn’t really see them that well when the track was in front of them and they were covered in foliage.

IMG_4719.jpeg

Also noticed these in Towers Trading for the first time this season - don’t quote me on this but they seem like new merch? If they are new, could this confirm that the logo won’t be changing for the reopening? Surely they wouldn’t produce merchandise using this logo if it’s changing next season?

IMG_4719.jpeg

Also noticed these in Towers Trading for the first time this season - don’t quote me on this but they seem like new merch? If they are new, could this confirm that the logo won’t be changing for the reopening? Surely they wouldn’t produce merchandise using this logo if it’s changing next season?
maybe they are clearing out old stock

I can’t really see the logo changing.

Considering Nemesis Sub-Terra has a rather permanent looking sign with the current logo on it, and there is a certain other rollercoaster with the same logo down south, I think it would be surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

what i find quite interesting is the fact that the track joints are in different places now

It is interesting indeed. Joins are a major area where stress gets concentrated as trains fly past.

In the 3 decades since Nemesis was originally made, engineering computer software has moved on massively.

The track joins will be in places now so that stress build up is as minimal as possible in those areas. It won't be gone, far from it. But, by adjusting the join locations, it will help manage the stress placed upon the track, so that said stress is driven into areas that can manage it better, such as supports. Prolonging the life of the track / structure.

This is a specific area of engineering that has excelled massively in the last 30 years. Thanks to computers getting ridiculously powerful.

Last edited:
I think they'll just tack on 'Reborn' in the old font for the first year marketing/ merch
It depends if the that word fits in with the storyline. So far its been all about how Nemesis is "reacting to the research and is growing". So "reborn" doesn't really fit. If the storyline culminates in the creature breaking free or about to break free, then "unleashed" or "unchained" could be a better sub-title - if indeed it's going to get one.

The helix installation has continued and a different perspective of the work on the station here.

The grey patches on the muscles/veins seem to be deliberate, rather than accidental splats from other painting elsewhere, so (with no expertise in this area in the slightest) I wonder if this some sort of filler as well as a base coat.

From: https://twitter.com/AGDRoblox/status/1687401532596068352

Last edited:
It depends if the that word fits in with the storyline. So far its been all about how Nemesis is "reacting to the research and is growing". So "reborn" doesn't really fit. If the storyline culminates in the creature breaking free or about to break free, then "unleashed" or "unchained" could be a better sub-title - if indeed it's going to get one.
Pretty sure there was some sort of registration for it a few weeks back... Or maybe I hallucinated that

Interesting that the station alterations are less drastic than I was anticipating. Considering the age of the thing I thought we’d be seeing a complete rebuild, but most of it must’ve actually held up better than expected

Interesting that the station alterations are less drastic than I was anticipating. Considering the age of the thing I thought we’d be seeing a complete rebuild, but most of it must’ve actually held up better than expected
I am not sure what people (especially some of the youtubers) were really expecting though. We had the notice of lawfulness of works (or whatever it was called) application which was pretty specific that there would be no new structures other than the addition of an extra support around the helix. It also said that the station building external appearance would remain the same apart from some minor repairs and they provided photographs showing examples of previous repairs. And this is ALton Towers that we are talking about, they are not going to throw silly money on anything.

To be honest I am slightly surprised that nothing about the change of colour scheme was mentioned in the notice given that they have painted tall parts of rides to blend in with the treetops previously (Rita, Galactica). I guess they thought that it would be classed as construction?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.