• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If they're changing the control system, which you would imagine they are doing, then it takes a long time to commission it. It involves testing every switch and sensor, every actuator, motor etc and then every possible fault code, every ride mode and function, cycling trains and validating timings etc as well as completing x cycles before you can even consider letting the first person ride it. You then have to consider the training for operations and maintenance as well.
its effectively a brand new ride, it just uses the old lift and brake run refurbished with new equipment
to get all the control systems set up and fully functioning will take a very long time

Assuming it’s Rockwell safety PLCs from memory, depends on what they’re replacement is. Could be entire new like for like panel which can be tested offsite, installed and re-wired which wouldn’t take long. A month or so.

Replacing just the PLC I situ would broadly be similar, if they’re replacing/rewiring sensors this will take longer.

Overall control system commissioning, assuming they’re just using identical software wouldn’t take that long at all as rollercoaster so this age have a reasonably small amount of IO.

They could of started and done this already this year though.

I'm skeptical that we'll see it tested this season (refer back to all the other posts about sensors, other building work, public confusion etc.). If we were to see it test though, it'd be really cool if they did a scheduled run during Fireworks, similar to how last year had all the hazmat dudes swarming the site. Almost like the creature is starting to reawaken a year after it fell asleep...
I agree it would look really really cool to have a scheduled test (maybe marketed as the first - even though may not be!) at the end of Fireworks. Build up the hype for next season. Obviously it puts a lot of pressure on the timescale to do this, but I think if the opportunity is there then they should go for it! Even if it's just the Sunday night (he says because he's booked the Sunday night firework display! ;))

B&M + Consign AG (who they certainly used to partner with) tend to use Allen Bradley PLC's - the newer ones all have TouchPanel screens in the main operators control booth, particularly for the flying coasters which have multiple switches for each seat.

I’m pretty sure it’s getting a brand new PLC and control set-up. For a start Nemesis has an unusual (and less staff efficient) set-up as the platform host next to the op cabin monitors the lift hill and triggers lift stops, which is why Nemesis has 3 hosts on platform rather than the usual 2 minimum you see on other B&M inverts.

It'd be nice if it kept 3 hosts though. Doubtful if they can get away with 2 they'll keep 3 on the ride.

It used to have four ride hosts plus the batcher. I don't think arguing for less staff is a good thing.

When it had four hosts the person at the front onload position also helped with batching, if there was no batcher.

I cannot see it testing this season, either. Even if the track/PLC/trains are all complete by September/October, you've got the station building and presumably other work around the site ongoing (new theming, cleaning/tidying the pit, work to the waterfall etc.). They could clear the area to allow for some testing, but that seems like a lot of work for a few promotional videos.

If it's feasible to test the track this season, perhaps they could leave it for the final day of this season and run a similar event to last year. The Phalanx discovering Nemesis is 'reborn'.

I would rather see some red lighting around the site for Scarefest/Fireworks, with audio and smoke effects, and maybe for Fireworks, have a bunch of actors around the area.

It used to have four ride hosts plus the batcher. I don't think arguing for less staff is a good thing.

When it had four hosts the person at the front onload position also helped with batching, if there was no batcher.

I’m not sure 4 really helps that much. If they can find a way to get RAP entering on the other side then even better.

I agree it would look really really cool to have a scheduled test (maybe marketed as the first - even though may not be!) at the end of Fireworks. Build up the hype for next season. Obviously it puts a lot of pressure on the timescale to do this, but I think if the opportunity is there then they should go for it! Even if it's just the Sunday night (he says because he's booked the Sunday night firework display! ;))
I doubt the very first test run will be done in public, because if something happens like the train valleys (which at nemesis speed i know is almost impossible) it would be quite embarrassing for the park.

It's a running joke that the park will test the ride on the previous night then pretend to look worried on the public 'maiden voyage'. I believe they did that on the original Nemesis.

I doubt the very first test run will be done in public, because if something happens like the train valleys (which at nemesis speed i know is almost impossible) it would be quite embarrassing for the park.
Yeah I thought that, which is why I would say they market it as the first even though it's not!
Just an idea for IF the timescale works, we will have to see what happens!

I’m not sure 4 really helps that much. If they can find a way to get RAP entering on the other side then even better.

Considering both of their newest coasters (Smiler & Wicker Man) have RAP entering from the onload side into the bays, they would be stupid not to have this on the new Nemesis when it reopens.

There's more than enough room to split the current fastrack queue into fastrack & ambulant RAP. Save the exit just for wheelchair users.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.