• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It'll be finished by next week at this rate! 😂
Potentially. Does anyone know how many pieces of track are left to go in? I think it might only be 4 or 5 and these ones should be fairly easy to put in compared to the rest of the site.

Definitely should be done by the end of August even with the bank holiday.

Would be interesting to know if they are ahead or behind schedule. We had good weather in June which should have helped but July was absolutely rotten. Hopefully that didn't slow them down too much.

The roof of the visible side of the station has now received the same tan coloured layer as this, whilst that limb is now grey. Coasterytical's video from yesterday shows it from the monorail (so excuse the quality of the screengrab) towards the end of the day.

Opera Snapshot_2023-08-18_132511_www.youtube.com.png

Everytime I think I have some idea as to the order they're working on things, something happens that flips it on its head entirely. Oh and whoever put together the planning documentation for this has a very different concept of 'minor repairs' to me!

Last edited:
My current theory (since the station may not be going black after all); They're now fully committing to the track tentacle/cage retcon (albeit with the creature spreading across it). So it'll be a distinct colour to the station. I'd imagine they're remodelling the more prominent legs that have been removed, getting rid of the way they 'morphed' into track and will probably return with more of a vein thing like they're done with the old track morphed 'tail'. Definitely think that the new structure will become a big (marketable) eye.

One thing we do know us the Merlin design process always leads to a large central teeming structure. My bet is the station will be modified somehow to become this feature and maybe interact with the track.

On another note how much do we think this is costing? I'm guessing at least £12m

The predictions I made months ago about all the track being in at the end of summer seem to be correct. This is looking really good!

I just want to see those waterfalls pouring now!

So what are people’s assumptions of the new trains? Black chassis with red OTSR’s would seem the most likely given the colour scheme. I wonder if the pods will be given a slight reshape and theming detail.

I
So what are people’s assumptions of the new trains? Black chassis with red OTSR’s would seem the most likely given the colour scheme. I wonder if the pods will be given a slight reshape and theming detail.
A lot of the B&M inverts do have designs on the pods so I am sure they could do something with the colours there. Something to go with the tentacles or eyes would be cool.

Also never realised that the now defunct Duelling Dragons/Dragon Challenge trains were actually styled to look like dragons.. Not sure if would completely break the Nemesis lore if the Nemesis trains were themed to look like part of the monster with eyes etc. but it could look interesting.
1692457326600.jpeg
1692456827848.jpeg
1692457174529.jpeg
1692456779734.jpeg
1692456975009.jpeg

Last edited:
Two pictures here taken from one of TPWW's recent posts with the old picture being one from a reply. I've cropped the older picture to get it as close to TPWW's one:

1692464313366.png1692464282897.png
Definitely prefer the new colours and artwork and it's interesting to see that on every area of track in the pictures, the track joints are in different places. As somebody said before, ride engineering and stress analysis has come a long way in the last 30 years so I'm assuming the new joint positions are optimum for the least amount of stress on the track and supports. Just hope they remember to touch up that scratch on the support!

I

A lot of the B&M inverts do have designs on the pods so I am sure they could do something with the colours there. Something to go with the tentacles or eyes would be cool.

Also never realised that the now defunct Duelling Dragons/Dragon Challenge trains were actually styled to look like dragons.. Not sure if would completely break the Nemesis lore if the Nemesis trains were themed to look like part of the monster with eyes etc. but it could look interesting.
1692457326600.jpeg
1692456827848.jpeg
1692457174529.jpeg
1692456779734.jpeg
1692456975009.jpeg
1692467242452.png
ignore the crap picture i did in 5 minutes

Two pictures here taken from one of TPWW's recent posts with the old picture being one from a reply. I've cropped the older picture to get it as close to TPWW's one:

1692464313366.png1692464282897.png
Definitely prefer the new colours and artwork and it's interesting to see that on every area of track in the pictures, the track joints are in different places. As somebody said before, ride engineering and stress analysis has come a long way in the last 30 years so I'm assuming the new joint positions are optimum for the least amount of stress on the track and supports. Just hope they remember to touch up that scratch on the support!
i hadn't even noticed the joints being in different places. New track colour scheme is much nicer. Like shawn has said in his videos i really hope they look after it and keep it looking fresh.

As for trains i'm guessing black chasis with red OTSR's like most people. I think that is the safe guess here.

I'm also hoping for an updated soundtrack. Nothing different from the origianal just with more up to date symths etc.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.