• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In terms of track work, the supports for the left turn seem to all be in place, work has started on painting the brake run black and the rail joins continue to be smoothed out. Meanwhile the roof of the station has gone from the tan/flesh colour it was last week to grey.

In terms of track work, the supports for the left turn seem to all be in place, work has started on painting the brake run black and the rail joins continue to be smoothed out. Meanwhile the roof of the station has gone from the tan/flesh colour it was last week to grey.
you don't have any picture do you?

What a crap video.

Anyhow.....what worries me is they are making a lot of effort not to paint the parts of the station that are red. Surely they would repair the lot with this fibre glass protection?

some pictures my friend captured of the site today he said no more track or supports have gone in since yesterday but it would appear detail has been added to the spine of the monster and the break run has started to be painted black!

Attachments

• IMG_20230823_154335357.png
    IMG_20230823_154335357.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 134
  • 20230823_170351.jpg
    20230823_170351.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20230823_170432.jpg
    20230823_170432.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 20230823_171047.jpg
    20230823_171047.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 141
What a crap video.

Anyhow.....what worries me is they are making a lot of effort not to paint the parts of the station that are red. Surely they would repair the lot with this fibre glass protection?
They've done something to the veins/muscles on the station during the process as it was covered in deliberate blotches of the grey stuff in such a way that suggests that is some form of filler material.

The bits at the end of the station before the lift hill will need major work, in comparison, so I'll only start worrying if they simply stick some red paint on that.

Last edited:
In terms of the last bits of track seemingly not being on site, or at least where they've been spotted by visitors, I can see the marketing team making a song and dance about the last pieces being delivered like they did the first.

In terms of the last bits of track seemingly not being on site, or at least where they've been spotted by visitors, I can see the marketing team making a song and dance about the last pieces being delivered like they did the first.
part of me thinks that those bits won't be given the red veins because its right up into the trees and pretty much out of sight apart from the extended queue, when nemesis got its rusty repaint they didn't bother painting up there.

Is the old track still in that industrial estate? wonder what that will be for.

some pictures my friend captured of the site today he said no more track or supports have gone in since yesterday but it would appear detail has been added to the spine of the monster and the break run has started to be painted black!
Fab shots. Thanks for sharing! It's really coming together.

part of me thinks that those bits won't be given the red veins because its right up into the trees and pretty much out of sight apart from the extended queue, when nemesis got its rusty repaint they didn't bother painting up there.
I imagine it's just cheaper and easier logistically for them to do the whole track with the veins, plus that extension queue is bound to be used when the ride reopens and they don't want it not to match when they're just done a big relaunch.

Could we see Towers doing a first rider competition for Nemesis next year, like they did for the closing event? Would be nice.

Bring back the Nemesis rooms!

nemesis01-jpg.6880

nemesis03.jpg

nemesis09.jpg

Source

Attachments

• nemesis01.jpg
    nemesis01.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 457
I think we can safely assume the new station colour scheme is grey and red as it looks like the top spine part has had shading effects added to it:
1693040113083.png

Also, the brake run is now black:
1693040195309.png 1693040217665.png
I initially thought those feint white marks in the first pic were outlines for the red veins, but they just look like dust and/or water marks. Now the brake run is black and seeing the vein on the last piece of track just stops, surely they will continue the vein on? If it does, maybe it will line up with a feature on the station building perhaps?

Images taken from UK Theme Parks video filmed yesterday:

Last edited:
I don't know much about painting, so unless that's some sort of 'under-shading' for a translucent coat, it does seem like that may be the new look. Less of a jarring contrast than the white/bone would have been with the new track.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.