• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Not sure if this fits here or not, but with all the talk of next year and the Mushroom Tours bus being repainted, I've had a go at a 1960s style travel brochure ad. Included a link if anyone wants to download/use as a wallpaper etc. Used two colour schemes, one original and one with potential 2024 colours. https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/07evRVR5DhqYi548P98zoWUDA#Mushroom_Tours_24

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.34.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.34.24.png
    758.5 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.34.05.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 17.34.05.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
IMG_7685.jpeg
Spotted today onsite- Nord set prop builders. Some people in hi vis looking at plans- could be for some theming set pieces?
Could we see some theming being added before the park closes? Only time will tell..

Lots of work onsite today on section of track between station and lift hill.

IMG_7685.jpeg
Spotted today onsite- Nord set prop builders. Some people in hi vis looking at plans- could be for some theming set pieces?
Could we see some theming being added before the park closes? Only time will tell..

Lots of work onsite today on section of track between station and lift hill.
It appears that the company is called Norse Sky, I guess initially that it's to redo the front of the Nemesis station that got removed after being repainted. Although having some additional theming set pieces would be really cool, and would make it feel different from the OG Nemesis, as currently it just looks like a reskin of the OG.

Looking at the company page, the first thing you see is that they did a lot of the props for Curse. https://www.norse-sky.co.uk/about-us/

It appears that the company is called Norse Sky, I guess initially that it's to redo the front of the Nemesis station that got removed after being repainted. Although having some additional theming set pieces would be really cool, and would make it feel different from the OG Nemesis, as currently it just looks like a reskin of the OG.

Looking at the company page, the first thing you see is that they did a lot of the props for Curse. https://www.norse-sky.co.uk/about-us/
Damn, don't like the art style in Curse at all.

Rumour has it that they’re building a life size bronze John Wardley statue complete with his jacket and hard hat. Every time you walk past it it cues the announcement ‘phones are strictly forbidden whilst riding Nemesis. Failure to follow this may result from your ejection from the resort. Thank you for your cooperation.’

I think that new theming set pieces could work very well in Forbidden Valley. I think that it would help the area 'come to life' a bit more, although Forbidden Valley is a good area already.

Rumour has it that they’re building a life size bronze John Wardley statue complete with his jacket and hard hat. Every time you walk past it it cues the announcement ‘phones are strictly forbidden whilst riding Nemesis. Failure to follow this may result from your ejection from the resort. Thank you for your cooperation.’

For extra effect, 1 out of every 10 times plays 'Please Remain Seated'

Since they seem to be replacing the 1994 apocalyptic and cult worship theme with a Sci-Fi military theme drenched in gloss black paint, I hope there is some extra theming to make it work. As it stands, a shiny new coaster sat in a 30 year old overgrown pit surrounded by rusty signs looks ridiculous and jarring. They'll finish the coaster nice and early so it's interesting to see what they'll install over the closed season to make it all coherent with their new theme.

Just hoping for a few things:

1) Don’t, for the love of Christ, don’t touch the ride or FV soundtrack. Its drama, mystery, sci fi, aggression, space opera all rolled into one. Regardless of anything else, without that soundtrack it will be a lesser ride, as there’s nothing that will be produced that will top it
1A) See 1, I’m in denial, it’s going to happen but my god I hope they don’t.
2) They cut back all the now vastly overgrown foliage in the area so you can see the pit
3) They get the pumps running again for the red rivers
4) Some smoke and permanent lighting dotted about by mushroom cloud tours (assuming it will become phalanx) and the other tunnels
5) The “rock cage” returns
6) The cheesy station sound effects are still somehow available
7) They somehow don’t mess up the dispatch arrangements so the ride now needs some farcical gate system restricting throughput (see Smiler, Rita and Jumanj)
8) The wooden signs “worlds most intense ride experience” get suitably maintained/fixed

Seems unlikely we'll see the original '94 logo return as it wouldn't really match the look of the ride as is.

Seems like the abandoned kitchen under the lift hill will inevitably go aswell, I'm just hoping they do a bit more than paint everything black personally.

Have tentacles pulling things underground dotted about and stuff like that...

I'm just hoping they do a bit more than paint everything black personally.

Have tentacles pulling things underground dotted about and stuff like that...
Could be massive amounts of cope on my part but I’m thinking this is what’s likely going to end up being done to the blacked out buildings over closed season. Them being the same black as the track would allow the tentacles to really pop in the same way that the design does on the track.

It’s a shame to lose the Mad Max inspired elements of the theme but if they in turn go all in on the Cronenberg-esque Body Horror I think we’ll still have a really fun and unique area.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.