• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
That’s quite funny that they were either pranked or shown a lesson about social media rumours. I was stuck in the tide of people walking through there to the car park about 7.50 and wondered why some people were running and trying to sneak past the megaphone directions people.

Doesn't look like a "prank" to me, just looks like an actor doing his job when a mob fuelled by social media lies descends on the area.
Yeh I agree, although Towers have been known to troll enthusiasts from time to time I don't think this was an intentional thing.
I do think that the original plan could well have been for testing to take place on the last day of the season, people being able to see some of the first test runs while inside the park would mean less chance of people flying drones over to film it when it eventually starts testing off-season, but the delay with the track scuppered that idea.

Looks like an intention rumour and part of the storyline to me. We know there are people out there who are seeking the truth. Not heard their side for a while.

Maybe they put the rumour out to put pressure on the Phalanx to come clean about what's really going on with the monster?

But the Phalanx just responded with the "everything is under control" mantra they seem keen on sticking to.

Looks like an intention rumour and part of the storyline to me. We know there are people out there who are seeking the truth. Not heard their side for a while.

Maybe they put the rumour out to put pressure on the Phalanx to come clean about what's really going on with the monster?

But the Phalanx just responded with the "everything is under control" mantra they seem keen on sticking to.
I love this storyline stuff as much as anyone else but nah, it was a rumour which almost certainly began online.

Anything intentional from Alton Towers would end with something tangible for people to see.

Almost like they timed this perfectly to coincide with the first day of the closed season...🤣. Quite clever, I have nothing against vloggers but from a logistical perspective it saves having mountains of them getting in the way all trying to get their 'exclusive' shots.

As the problems surrounding vloggers start to grow, so will the measures taken by parks. This possibly a prime example.

Last edited:
Or it is the first quiet day since roughly the second week of October where they can close half the access roads to that area of the car parks? They really don't care about vloggers as the walkway is fenced off, where I got my shot from was behind the chain.

Last edited:
It's purely logistical. The path the track has had to cross to be installed is the main foot fare for guests walking to/from the park, which up until today would have been inconvenient to close off. There's no hidden agenda against vloggers or fans of the park.

I'd anticipate there'll be some funky CGI mockup (that may or may not be entirely accurate) as part of the "hero image" Merlin so dearly loves to spit out, alongside the odd thing in little teasers leading up to that. Surely they'll want to make as big a fuss as possible about it when the time comes.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.