• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The best idea would be to drill and insert the caps, ship it then fill it on site. Saves several tonnes on shipping. If they've done that? Who knows.
96513648_939936959775127_4846090979662364672_o.jpg
Monster gröna lund. . .which has sand filled track.

Can't say I've seen ANY ports on the Nemesis track. . So probably safe to say its not happening.

There's no way they would have been filled before shipping to the UK.

Sand filled supports wouldn't make a massive difference, its the box section resonating that gives off the roar.

I think it's safe now to assume there were never any issues with the final sections of track. They've just been waiting for the closed season to install them so as not to block the walking route to the resort.
As such the project is likley still exactly on time with their expectations. At least, from a track & train perspective, I'm sure ripping out already painted sections of the station wasn't part of the plan. But there's no reason to think there's any notable delays, as testing was clearly never going to start until some point in the closed season.

Pretty hilarious to see what happened on Sunday evening. It was obvious that nothing would be happening when there was no form of announcement at the end of the fireworks. What on earth could they actually have done anyway!? Top trolling from whoever started the rumour though!

Good to see the final pieces of track arriving, I imagine they'll want to commence with initial testing sooner rather than later.

I’m just amazed so many people where taken in by it.

Who genuinely thought Towers would spend money on some “event” at Nemesis on Sunday but not announce anything on social media? These things cost money, if they do it they want an audience to justify the marketing spend.

Seriously people need to think more.

I’m just amazed so many people where taken in by it.

Who genuinely thought Towers would spend money on some “event” at Nemesis on Sunday but not announce anything on social media? These things cost money, if they do it they want an audience to justify the marketing spend.

Seriously people need to think more.
They killed off the actor in the video clip a couple of days before the fireworks, not sure what people expected - him to do a Lazarus? I bet those phalanx actors didnt half get some abuse though.

I still really don’t understand the whole seek the truth thing though. That seems like someone’s idea that they half implemented and then completely forgot about.

They killed off the actor in the video clip a couple of days before the fireworks, not sure what people expected - him to do a Lazarus? I bet those phalanx actors didnt half get some abuse though.

I still really don’t understand the whole seek the truth thing though. That seems like someone’s idea that they half implemented and then completely forgot about.
It is likely that the original plan was to send a test train or test trains round, as the monster has awoken, as shown with the eye opening in the video, it would need to feed, the trains are organisms it sends out around it's tentacle-like exo-skeleton (the track) to gather nutrients. If it wasn't for the delay with the track it would have been finished months ago, trains already on-site, would have made perfect sense, build hype and stop people flying drones over to get the first look at testing, making it safer for people working on it. Although testing couldn't take place they were still able to show off the lighting and sound package.

As for the seek the truth thing, I would assume the story is not over yet. It will be used to build hype over the closed season. Nemesis may be (almost) complete but there will still be lots of work to come on the rest of Forbidden Valley, as well as Galactica which will almost certainly be tied into the seek the truth storyline.

It is likely that the original plan was to send a test train or test trains round, as the monster has awoken, as shown with the eye opening in the video, it would need to feed, the trains are organisms it sends out around it's tentacle-like exo-skeleton (the track) to gather nutrients. If it wasn't for the delay with the track it would have been finished months ago, trains already on-site, would have made perfect sense, build hype and stop people flying drones over to get the first look at testing, making it safer for people working on it. Although testing couldn't take place they were still able to show off the lighting and sound package.

As for the seek the truth thing, I would assume the story is not over yet. It will be used to build hype over the closed season. Nemesis may be (almost) complete but there will still be lots of work to come on the rest of Forbidden Valley, as well as Galactica which will almost certainly be tied into the seek the truth storyline.
Yeah I'm not so sure about this. I don't believe it would have been wise to be testing a newly constructed coaster with potentially thousands of people crammed into a bottle neck area of the park. I see what you're saying but they've most likely waited because of access from the road to the lift hill part.

I don't think they would have run the first tests in front of a crowd even if the track had been complete. Just incase something went wrong. Altons had enough bad press (and financial damage) from the smiler incident to want to risk any dodgy headlines on their big ride renewal.

I'm not saying it would have been the first test run. Just sending trains round the track. The actual first ones would be done beforehand in secret late at night in the weeks leading up to it. Also, it's just a re-track, same layout, same trains. They know exactly what to expect from it, No real risk of anything.

This is essentially a new ride. Mandrill at Chessington didn’t start testing until mid February. It still looks some way off completing any sort of testing to me. I don’t think it was ever in the plan to run it on the last day.
That is true, although the train wasn't on-site until mid January.
It didn't happen so it doesn't really matter anyway, just saying it would have been cool, also without the delay with the track the timing would have worked out for it to happen, and it would have also worked with the storyline they have put out with the monster re-awakening a few days before. Just seems like that might have been what they were aiming for. Especially when you consider there are other coasters opening next year that haven't even had supports put in place for yet.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.