• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
81290815.jpg

Of all the bloody colours you could pick from...bloody black again?!! God damn I was looking forward for red or hell even grey supports...for the love of God. Then again, shouldn't be surprised given how black perfectly represents Merlin's cold dark soul...
They are graphite black, which is what we were expecting from the RAL codes, with Jet Black and Ruby Red being the track colours.

They are graphite black, which is what we were expecting from the RAL codes, with Jet Black and Ruby Red being the track colours.
Was hoping Ruby Red would have been used for the supports which honestly would have looked stunning and a nice bit of diversity for the track if you ignore the blood veins on the track.

Can someone tell me why Merlin in general always have this thing for coasters in black that I'm sure dates back to 2009? I'm just not a fan of a lack of colours for coasters at the park...at least give them a secondary colour if you want the track painted black.

Was hoping Ruby Red would have been used for the supports which honestly would have looked stunning and a nice bit of diversity for the track if you ignore the blood veins on the track.

Can someone tell me why Merlin in general always have this thing for coasters in black that I'm sure dates back to 2009? I'm just not a fan of a lack of colours for coasters at the park...at least give them a secondary colour if you want the track painted black.

Trust me, Ruby Red is not a colour you want a vast majority of.

Trust me, Ruby Red is not a colour you want a vast majority of.
Maybe, but after just getting black coasters constantly from Merlin, I'd take any alternate colour in a heartbeat...maybe had they not done with other rides on the park such as Thirteen in green and brown or Smiler in black and yellow then maybe I'd be more forgiven of the colour choices, that is if the former two do see a new look in the coming years though I highly doubt it.

Yeh I agree that could have looked nice. This mock-up of what we are getting looks pretty good too though.

If they added extra details to the supports like maybe if they are the steel pinning it down is that they could dress them up with mock rivets given them more of a strong iron look which a little detail like that would actually be cool...maybe in a lighter grey to help add some vibrancy of colour?

I’d be more disappointed in the black supports if the track itself wasn’t painted in one of the most striking and unique styles I’ve ever seen on a coaster. Very excited to see this come together

Absolutely zero complaints from me. Track looks great.... Hype really well done, love the video, love the fan service. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had added an extra rail for 4D enhancement (joke), but I'm glad they haven't.

I think Nemmie is in good hands

Well done to all involved!

More like they knew it would inevitably be snapped by nerds at some point, so intentionally make it part of the marketing.

I'd hardly call a Leek Signs vinyl on the side of a Mercedes lorry attention to detail...
Well, you know, it could have been driven to the park in a bright blue cab with the company transporting the track's branding on it, but it hasn't. They've gone that extra step to theme the lorry to match the one in the video from earlier today. Maybe I went a step too far in calling it attention to detail...

Credit due to the coordination in the timing of this. From the publishing of the video, through to the branding of the truck and the delivery, and the viewing platform opening tomorrow. They could have opted to just have track turn up - but no. They've put some effort in and it's great to see.

Also the fact that it looks like it's the same piece of track being delivered that is shown in the video - I take back what I said about attention to detail 🤣. As someone who studied marketing at uni, this is absolutely fantastic. Overtaken the marketing for TCaAM in my opinion.

They don’t actually, if you take Towers out of the equation.

They would have been able to replace Nemesis like for like if they wanted to but if you went up to Alton village church graveyard Nemesis did stick out like a sore thumb.

They tend to go black for coasters as it blends in well to avoid visual intrusion, hence why the top of Rita’s high point and Air lift are a dark green.

I actually like this more than I was expecting but I share the concerns of others that it might not age well. Hopefully it had some professional UV protection and weather protection.

More like they knew it would inevitably be snapped by nerds at some point, so intentionally make it part of the marketing.

I'd hardly call a Leek Signs vinyl on the side of a Mercedes lorry attention to detail...

If you ever happen to drive through North Yorkshire on the A1M you’ll almost certainly see a military convoy. These involve tanks strapped onto low loaders being towed by Metcalfes Farms trucks; always weird seeing military gear towed around by a lorry with a giant cow logo on the front.

At least AT haven’t just left Eddie Stobart tractor units or wherever there.. whoever is doing the Nemesis marketing should have done the Smiler takeover one too

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.