• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The lengths they are going to is mind-blowing. What a time to be a Towers/Nemesis fan.

@Craig you might want to update the timeline.
As mentioned in the timeline topic itself, it's not updated immediately - just when the team are able to do so. You don't need to ask/tag us every time there's new info to update it:
This post will remain locked, and over the course of the next year or so the team will automatically collate the factual updates within the main Nemesis topic and continually add them here. As well as making it easier for people to take a quick look at what's going on, it should also end up being a really handy thing to look back on to see how the project progressed. The updates obviously won't appear here immediately, we all have day jobs after all - but we'll be checking every day or so and adding to the topic as time goes on.

The support colour looks a bit like RAL 9005. Hopefully it pops every so slightly against the darker black (and red) track.

4034.jpg

🤔 can't say I'm a fan of the veins on the track in the marketing video, looks very. . . . 90's and a bit tacky. . .

Is Nemesis joining the retro squad? 😁

I'll reserve judgement until its finished, but as above, it looks a little tacky and no where near as detailed as the original scenic paint job the track had. . Is that due to the fact scenic painting seems to be a forgotten dying art or are the standards set lower than they was in 1994. . Who knows.

This project so far feels like Alton Towers at their best. It’s sometimes commented on here as to why fans are so hard on the place.

I’d point to projects like this to show how well they can execute things, making it frustrating when they make little effort elsewhere.

They are head and shoulders above other UK parks when they are firing on all cylinders.

This project so far feels like Alton Towers at their best. It’s sometimes commented on here as to why fans are so hard on the place.

I’d point to projects like this to show how well they can execute things, making it frustrating when they make little effort elsewhere.

They are head and shoulders above other UK parks when they are firing on all cylinders.
This is exactly it. Towers has the potential to be one of the best parks in the world, there really is nowhere else like it. Here’s hoping the quality bar set by this project is kept to in the future.

As mentioned in the timeline topic itself, it's not updated immediately - just when the team are able to do so. You don't need to ask/tag us every time there's new info to update it:
Yeah good point, apologies! I'm just getting overexcited with all this lol.

Yep.

Cynically of course, the answer is that for all intents and purposes they’re paying out for a brand new B + M invert but not getting the marketing that they would as it’s a retrack, so significant effort is needed to bridge that gap.

Have to say I really love the design of the track. The veins capture the organic bio-horror at the heart of the Nemesis concept and, as pointed out, they're also a tasteful nod to the original Nemesis logo. Exciting times!

It’s hard to judge the track at this point, the paintwork looks a bit cartoonish but I would wait until the whole ride is up. I’m glad it’s not plain black.

Marketing is superb as always.

The video they posted was almost definitely so that they could show off the track before it got delivered and enthusiasts got all over it 😛😂

Reactions: Ash
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.