• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
FulZ2EUWcBAzC63.png

Seems like the tweet has been deleted, here's the image for anyone reading the thread afterwards...

Stickers on lorries...

Actors pretending to guard the track...

Project dressed up in theatre...

We haven't considered the most likely explanation...

ITS ALL REAL GUYS!

The Phalanx are a real top secret government military organisation.

Clearly this footage has been obtained and released by a brave team of rebels who have risked their lives.

The monster is real.

The track really is to restrain the monster.

It's all a double bluff.

The theme park is just a cover to hide the truth.

It really is Fright Time...

All the fans online losing their minds but personally I think this "marketing campaign" has been one of the cringiest in Alton Towers history. I'm clearly in the minority.

Im excited for the new Nemesis though. Although I don't really like the painted-on veins look, but whatever
You clearly never saw the Thirteen or Sub Terra PR stunts back in the days, those were cringe fests even before the rides had opened and the infamy both gained. This in contrast is without question a masterclass in comparison.

So much hate for the veins on the track.

Personally I think once the track is all in place and you can see the veins connected across the entire track it’ll look really good plus it’s unique, much prefer it to some rusty grey effect.

The closeups on the video look like there’s a lot of detail to it and seems like the red wont be as pronounced as maybe the video suggests due to lighting effects.

Obviously there’s concerns about their longevity which is not surprising considering AT upkeep with other rides 🫠

This brings back some memories of the "Operative 242" in his orange outfit marketing hype calling "Security 3" in Fantasy World back in 1997. Oblivion looked great in it's first season or two, but was then left to rot.

Given the not insignificant investment Merlin are making in re-tracking Nemesis, I do hope she will be looked after. Only time will tell - but based on their track record over the years, the omens are not exactly promising.

Surely we must be seeing something going into place tomorrow with the opening of the observation platform? They wouldn’t be opening it on a random Wednesday if nothing was happening. Could we be seeing first supports going in tomorrow?

Surely we must be seeing something going into place tomorrow with the opening of the observation platform? They wouldn’t be opening it on a random Wednesday if nothing was happening. Could we be seeing first supports going in tomorrow?
I do half think there is just a chance that Nemesis will re-open at the end of this season. The weather has, thus far, been kind to Towers. It's not as though it's an untested track / ride profile. The ride control system is perfectly sound - older B&M's are still using original control systems from Consign AG. Once you have the new footers in you can bolt track & supports in at a rate of knots. Sure, you have to finish off the footers when the supports are in place, but I am thinking Towers & their contractor are well ahead of schedule.

If the capacity / reliability issues still persist at the end of the season, having a queue-eater like Nemesis open again at Scarefest / Fireworks can only help matters - even if it is only a soft-opening without all the new theming competed.

I do half think there is just a chance that Nemesis will re-open at the end of this season. The weather has, thus far, been kind to Towers. It's not as though it's an untested track / ride profile. The ride control system is perfectly sound - older B&M's are still using original control systems from Consign AG. Once you have the new footers in you can bolt track & supports in at a rate of knots. Sure, you have to finish off the footers when the supports are in place, but I am thinking Towers & their contractor are well ahead of schedule.

If the capacity / reliability issues still persist at the end of the season, having a queue-eater like Nemesis open again at Scarefest / Fireworks can only help matters - even if it is only a soft-opening without all the new theming competed.
The only problem with that is that they will clearly want to be advertising the 'new' Nemesis to guests at the start of next season as their brand new attraction to get guests through the door. No point in spoiling that by opening it for a few weeks at the end of this season when the park will have struggled on without it through the height of summer anyway.

No point in opening this year. Towers need their ‘New for 2024’ headline.

It will be the end of the season in 7 months. You’ve got to consider it’s not a case of erecting the track and opening. They need testing, new signage, new theming, painting, general clean up of the area, staff training, marketing etc.. It would be a rush job.

We know from Wicker Man that Merlin have become more organised and prepared with constructing new coasters. If the entire track is up by the end of the year then great, they have all the time in the world to test it, iron out any issues and have it fully ready and perfect for March 2024.

There is zero chance this will open this season.

They may get the track up fairly quickly but as others have said that’s the easy bit.

Supports normally have to be first 😉

I love the effort they have gone to with this initial track delivery, real attention to detail in all aspects of it. It's very exciting to see new B&M track arriving at Alton Towers, and I suspect it won't be too long now before we start seeing some vertical construction.

Hopefully it will look good when completed but I am still not totally convinced by the new colour scheme. It's going to take some getting used to, that's for sure. And you do have to wonder how well the painted red vein effects are going to age.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.