• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Shiny new track with that colour scheme currently looks very silly in the area it's in. Very jarring. I suspect there's much more change on the horizon for the wider area around it. For a completely different colour, and gloss as well no less, I expect quite substantial changes to the monster itself, fences, inside the station and maybe spreading further out to Blade etc. I think this is unlikely to be just a de-weeding and touch up the monster jobby.

Some of my favourite parts of FV are the old detailing like the metal signage around it, the twisted railings by the drill etc. Pic from Towers Street

I hope the area doesn’t lose too much of that charm, what’s left of it anyway.IMG_0907.jpeg

On an inverted ride all corners will have banking, which I would understand to be a banked turn. Overbanking and underbanking also make sense.

To be that guy, but a Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment Suspended & Powered Rollercoaster doesn't look to have banking. Or profiling. Or build quality.

Some of my favourite parts of FV are the old detailing like the metal signage around it, the twisted railings by the drill etc. Pic from Towers Street

I hope the area doesn’t lose too much of that charm, what’s left of it anyway.IMG_0907.jpeg
Im still trying to figure out where mine came from lol

Attachments

• IMG_20230606_221251.jpg
    IMG_20230606_221251.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 106

Rust, damage, browns, yellows, dull blacks and rocks were used for the original FV. Some of this look has been diluted over the years with the ugly corrugated green NST building, newer and cheaper Leek Signs, the very poor paint job on Blade, the garish purple travelling ride on Ripsaws spot and, of course, the addition of Air and it's plaza.

Red has always featured heavily of course. To a lesser extent black has. But it's the shine and cleaner look more than the actual colour. I know this will fade over time, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with things like the rusty fences, signage, shrapnel type look etc. I think the monster and drill will have to change to match the track which I can see looking rather good but it'll be interesting to see how the track will look against the more organic look of the rocks etc once this is done. Currently it's very hard to imagine such a clean look in the current FV when it's finished. It'll be interesting to see what look they go for with the finished area.

I'm probably in the minority but I've gone from being onboard with the new track to actually thinking the original was more in keeping with the rest of the area.

We've already got X-Sector (military / black grey area) with the grey coaster tracks and bright colours. I don't really want to see Forbidden Valley go the same way with black track and red everywhere.

As much as we may all moan that Towers has a lot of 'dull / rundown' areas Forbidden Valley has always suited the rustic, rusty theming, rock and bone structures and windy paths. I think if they (presumably) start painting all the fences red and black and giving things a glossy finish it'll just look like X-Sector V2.

I'm still on the fence regarding the new track colour, I want to like it but it's still quite jarring to me at the moment.

I'm not looking forward to it being the same mouldy grey as the other black coasters when it's inevitably neglected for years on end though.

I am looking forward to seeing it this weekend, not a fan of the track from just looking at the pictures, but hopefully it will look better in person.

Its just the bits where the track joins which have a stop to the paint scheme, and then it continues on the next part which look wrong to me.

I do have SOME hope that they're keeping the apocalyptic and rustic look of FB, since the New Gift Shop by Sub terra does have a rustic look to it, so I'm hoping that this implies that FBs rustic ascetic is staying.

I've only been on two proper coasters with an onboard soundtrack. 'Space Mountain' in Disneyland Paris
and the re-tracked 'Hulk' at Universal Studios Orlando.

Both these are launch coasters... it definarely adds to the atmosphere with an upbeat soundtrack and triggered sound fx.

I'd love on board audio on Nemesis ... but I imagine Nemesis purists might not like the idea.

I would personally like FV to stay fairly similar to what it was, because this could easily turn into another X-Sector if they're not careful. However, I do have some confidence that the people in charge of this project know what they are doing.

I love the new fresh And shiny “black and red” theme there going for, keeping it consistent to the whole area. This will actually be a first looking at most other areas are inconsistent
In colours.

I’m excited for the change and I have a strong feeling X Sector revamp will be on the horizon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry in advance for the below post which may be closed season tier thinking as there isn’t much going on after the latest track instalment.

I see that a couple of the nearby boulders have recently been jet washed around Nemesis. I wonder if they will do the entire area around the coaster for next season?

A huge job of course but i think the new shiny track against a look of freshly extracted earth would be miles better from a thematic pov, for it to look like it’s been disturbed, rather than greenery all over the place. Get the place looking like it did all them years ago.

Cant wait to see more progress on friday! The stall supports being installed is big progress, I did see a photo on twitter with three craines in the background.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.