• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've been wondering, is it possible that the ride might be getting an onboard soundtrack?

I can't think of any inverted coaster with Audio though.
I highly doubt that Nemesis would it is a re-track and a way to expand on the storyline though I would love a onboard audio system the likelihood is low because why would they use it? Good idea though.

On board soundtracks imo are more effective on coasters with large lift hills to build suspense and the higher up the more audible they are.

I don’t think it’d be that impressive on Nemesis with it being so low to the ground.

Wickerman hasn’t got a large lift and did feature audio (for how long it lasted) There are also many coasters that feature on board audio throughout the layout and not just the lift hill so who knows but we really won’t know any of these finite details until a lot further into the project. Myself I’d love a similar train lighting package to monster! Would look very impressive on late openings.

I think we might get lights on the bottom of the train, but no onboard audio

Imagine if the onboard audio was recorded audio from the old nemesis going around the track ;)
:sweatsmile:

I don’t want them to over do it really. Redo the station, Return the waterfalls, some dry ice/smoke effects in the pit and an impressive lighting package would be perfect in my eyes. Anything else like onboard audio and train lighting would be a very welcome bonus of course!

Looks great - I think the black rails make more sense to make the veins pop out more, red rails would mute their effect someone, what I suspect.

Surely that's not an overbank though, by definition ?
An overbank can be variously defined. One way is a bank that meets or exceeds some critical angle, usually about 70/80°. However, the ride manufacturers engineer would probably deplore me to point out the "proper" definition is that it is an element where the track is excessively banked for the trains speed, creating deliberate lateral forces. The section of track therefore would probably fit the second definition, as the train is pretty slow there. However, by this definition, the monorail loop would not be an overbank, as it does not induce lateral forces by design. Though some would say that if you need a 90° bank, you are going too fast. Worth noting here that lateral is taken from the riders perspective, rather than some fixed origin.

Shiny new track with that colour scheme currently looks very silly in the area it's in. Very jarring. I suspect there's much more change on the horizon for the wider area around it. For a completely different colour, and gloss as well no less, I expect quite substantial changes to the monster itself, fences, inside the station and maybe spreading further out to Blade etc. I think this is unlikely to be just a de-weeding and touch up the monster jobby.

An overbank can be variously defined. One way is a bank that meets or exceeds some critical angle, usually about 70/80°. However, the ride manufacturers engineer would probably deplore me to point out the "proper" definition is that it is an element where the track is excessively banked for the trains speed, creating deliberate lateral forces. The section of track therefore would probably fit the second definition, as the train is pretty slow there. However, by this definition, the monorail loop would not be an overbank, as it does not induce lateral forces by design. Though some would say that if you need a 90° bank, you are going too fast. Worth noting here that lateral is taken from the riders perspective, rather than some fixed origin.
Ive always thought there were 2 kinds of bank, overbank and underbank determined on the pitch of rotation of the rails.
The bottom half is underbank 0 through 90
And over bank 90 through 180 if you follow it through you get ether an inline twist or barrel roll but ive no idea lol

Last edited:
I understand the words that you have written but don't understand what you have said.

On an inverted ride all corners will have banking, which I would understand to be a banked turn. Overbanking and underbanking also make sense.

The original terminology for this section back in the day was, as I recall, the stall turn.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.