• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I wonder if they'll do the opposite.

This new queue doesn't appear to have any cattle pens in. Also it is a lot flatter than the old queue (coming in at the correct height for the station where the 2 merge).
Therfore I think it's possible this new queue is for Fastrack, RAP, and maybe even wheelchair users, and the old queue will continue to be where it currently is.
Both queues can start by using the section behind the entrance, the new queue just needs to go around the outside of the old. Just like how all of Th13teen's queues are really long because they all have to get around Rita's queue.

It’s too long a route for FT and RAP, I’m with Squiggs on this one. Main queue will now go up over the site and come in from the direction of the old extension. FT and Ambulatory disabled will come up the old queue route with all three joining at the top of the old steps where you turned back towards the station.

Non-ambulatory disabled will probably use the old single rider entrance with a ramp.

It will be a shame to lose the view of the loop over the bridge but the view of the loop from the top of the site will be interesting.

That's so daft though to have a RAP queue that isn't accessibility friendly when an option that can be is available.
I'm not saying they won't do it, but they literally have a better option that would mean everyone could board from the same side.

That's so daft though to have a RAP queue that isn't accessibility friendly when an option that can be is available.

Which option would be accesbility friendly? Even if the old extended queue (turning left from the entrance) requires walking up steps.

IMG_5939.jpeg

The only option for wheelchair access would be the exit side of the station as far as I can tell.

Wheelchairs in at the current FT entrance, with the steps next to the station removed and it reprofiled for a ramp. Then they'd have to bin the FRQ and make the front airgate double wide. All possible, but at big cost.

Wheelchairs in at the current FT entrance, with the steps next to the station removed and it reprofiled for a ramp. Then they'd have to bin the FRQ and make the front airgate double wide. All possible, but at big cost.
They'd be better off building a ramp at the old SRQ (on the exit platform) and having wheelchairs go that way. Would expect they'd still want them to only use the back row for evac reasons.

I'm not saying they won't do it, but they literally have a better option that would mean everyone could board from the same side.

Smilers ambulatory RAP queue has steps, that’s why it’s ambulatory.

Which option would be accesbility friendly? Even if the old extended queue (turning left from the entrance) requires walking up steps.

IMG_5939.jpeg

The only option for wheelchair access would be the exit side of the station as far as I can tell.
They are rebuilding the coaster, turning a few steps into a ramp is hardly braking the bank!

But the steps that lead up to the station are far too steep to be converted into a ramp.

Regardless it looks clear from the recent picture that they are widening the exit ramp, so I expect that will still be the accessibility entrance.
Still, Merlin (at least the LEGO division from my experience) have been pushing a lot recently for full inclusiveness whenever possible. That's why I'm surprised that they are changing the queue, but only to move the merge point from the bottom to the top of the steps.

I did always used to find the steps queueline down by the lift hill waterfall a bit precarious, particularly on a rainy day as it is quite steep and narrow and the steps could get quite slippery when wet. And then you had to walk up another set of steps to get back to pretty much the same height as the queueline entrance. The changes to the queueline might just be for a bit of retrospective H&S improvements (also maybe loose articles/shoes from exit of loop flying over queueline, the queue does have a higher fence with an angled top there so presumably a higher risk area) and enhancing the guest experience for less fit people so they don't have to walk up/down as many steps.

Aagh Nemmy now has two of the Merlin theming staples, not one but two disused vehicles AND a shipping container.

All we need now is some scaffolding

Joking aside the new leg design looks great, I like it.
It’s nice to see them plussing the existing stuff as well as adding new bits and pieces. I’m intrigued by the front of the station that they demolished as it does look like it will be larger than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Well, I for one am looking forward to seeing Nemmy in her new form next season!
It'll be interesting to see what else has changed in the run-up to next season... Especially if they change the story somewhat to incorporate the Phalanx, even further. Maybe trying recontaining efforts to regain control of her.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.