• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ooh, Maplin in the run up to Christmas...
What a shop that was for electrotat.
Alan Partridge having exclusive after hours access in Tandys springs to mind 🤣
The only lighting package I could see them attempt is maybe in the former bloody waterfall...
I've been thinking, one option to improve the pit and effects in it (if money was no object of course) would be to have a fake floor with a few inches of water in it. Bit like how they have glass surrounding the SS Great Britain in its dry dock in Bristol and have a few inches of water on it to give the impression its in water. This is what I mean:

1702901552249.png1702901572790.png

In doing this, all the support foundations would be kept dry in the void created, only a fraction of the water previously would be needed and you could even have the false floor a lot higher giving the impression of higher water levels and closer near misses. Stick some lighting under it and you'd have some awesome effects at night!

I'm sure much, much harder to do in practice in the pit but it's a nice thought!

We know nothing of the #seekthetruth side of all this yet, so this helicopter could be related to that - maybe whoever or whatever this "seekthetruth" is, could've landed a helicopter in the pit to find out more?

But whoever put the helicopter there (in the backstory) I'd be very surprised if the state it is in now in the pictures is the finished article we'll see on opening day.
Who is seeking the truth exactly in this miniature helicopter? The borrowers perhaps? Smurfs? Or just some plain old garden gnomes?

Alan Partridge having exclusive after hours access in Tandys springs to mind 🤣

I've been thinking, one option to improve the pit and effects in it (if money was no object of course) would be to have a fake floor with a few inches of water in it. Bit like how they have glass surrounding the SS Great Britain in its dry dock in Bristol and have a few inches of water on it to give the impression its in water. This is what I mean:

1702901552249.png1702901572790.png

In doing this, all the support foundations would be kept dry in the void created, only a fraction of the water previously would be 0needed and you could even have the false floor a lot higher giving the impression of higher water levels and closer near misses. Stick some lighting under it and you'd have some awesome effects at night!

I'm sure much, much harder to do in practice in the pit but it's a nice thought!
The SS Great Britain in dry dock doesn't have waterfalls to contend with. It's quite obvious when you're there that it's just some glass with some water on top of it. Looks good on first impression but there's no blood red (or pink) waterfalls. If they're to do that, they may as well just paint the bottom of the pit red. Not at all the same as the original (not that they care, they're theming their best attraction around a short lived indoor ABC drop tower that's been closed for most of the time it's existed).

However, Nemesis also doesn't have to contend with being overlooked by Bedminster, an ugly and horrid place. So not all bad.

Looks like we've lost the best part of the original queue, passing down under the first drop and next to the loop. Seems unnecessary and a real shame.

If anything the new queue line seems shorter than before unless there's some extra extensions we're not seeing but hopefully not. If they add a miserable cattle pen somewhere I'm cancelling my annual pass.

Looks like we've lost the best part of the original queue, passing down under the first drop and next to the loop. Seems unnecessary and a real shame.

If anything the new queue line seems shorter than before unless there's some extra extensions we're not seeing but hopefully not. If they add a miserable cattle pen somewhere I'm cancelling my annual pass.
Are there any reasons why they would need to get rid of that part of the queue line? That part was definitely the most enjoyable part of the original queue, as you said.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.