• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Agreed if I'd be really gutted if it was, the drill/gun however you perceive it was one of my favourite pieces of theming at Alton towers I'm not against a big chopper all specced out with machine guns or something like that, the fact there's big holes that have been dug would suggests they aren't gonna plop down another mini helicopter though so fingers crossed.

If another generic helicopter replaces the digger gun thing then Burton can stop talking about art.

This is what I don’t get

You take a unique piece of theming (yes it’s tired and worn) and make it worse and uninspiring

Helicopters have no story telling purpose aside from a slight noise prior to the phalanx fireworks announcement

The theming should have been expanded, improved and added to. Not somehow made worse, as has happened to the area over time.

- Nemesis kitchen removed
- Nemesis Nosh bus removed
- Ripsaw theming removed
- Ripsaw removed
- Blade theming removed
- Nemesis drill smokeless
- Red rivers turned off
- Unthemed coffee shop added
- Clashing air theme added
- Mutiny racers removed
- Mushroom cloud smokeless
- Nemesis station lighting changed
- Nemesis theming left to rot
- Clashing game stalls/shop and model cars added
- Nemesis repaint worse than previous iteration
- Themed fencing removed

The area from a thematic, artistic perspective has got progressively worse for a long, long the time. Either their original vision was very wrong or people don’t understand how theme parks work…

This is what I don’t get

You take a unique piece of theming (yes it’s tired and worn) and make it worse and uninspiring

Helicopters have no story telling purpose aside from a slight noise prior to the phalanx fireworks announcement

The theming should have been expanded, improved and added to. Not somehow made worse, as has happened to the area over time.

- Ripsaw theming removed
- Ripsaw removed
- Blade theming removed
- Red rivers turned off
- Mutiny racers removed
- Themed fencing removed

The area from a thematic, artistic perspective has got progressively worse for a long, long the time. Either their original vision was very wrong or people don’t understand how theme parks work…
Compared to parks like Phantasialand and Europa who continuously add to and improve their themed areas over decades, our parks seem to deliberately make them worse by removing stuff and making them increasingly disjointed! A symptom of short term-ism rather than developing a future for the parks as a whole.

Definitely a shame if the gun is replaced by a helicopter. We’ve already seen this with The Swarm.

Good shout for the old vertical loop to be used as the area’s entrance portal though. It’s odd Forbidden Valley‘s never had one.

This is what I don’t get

- Ripsaw theming removed
- Ripsaw removed
- Blade theming removed
- Red rivers turned off
- Mutiny racers removed
- Themed fencing removed

Just to be clear it’s only a rumour at the moment, might be complete cobblers.

Red rivers wasn’t Towers call and I like the new repaint of the station and the added theming. I also like the track paintwork.

Other than that I agree.

The drill covered by Nemesis was a great piece of theming. But if everything is all military and gloss black now, it's a bit old forbidden valley. It always clashed with the ugly sub terra building and armoured vehicle. Since they seem to be going more for the sub terra aesthetic for the area these days (albeit I do really like what they've done with the station), I think it'll be something new.

I'm hoping for no more helicopters and guns. I liked the way you used to walk into the area and immediately walked into a disaster area where some creature had caused havoc. If they did put a piece of the old loop there with tenticles, it would give the impression that Nemesis is reaching out from underneath the ground. Wrapping tenticles around some gun ship helicopter is too Swarmish to me. Still not sure what Anneka Rice touching down in her helicopter by the stall turn has to do with anything.

The drill covered by Nemesis was a great piece of theming. But if everything is all military and gloss black now, it's a bit old forbidden valley. It always clashed with the ugly sub terra building and armoured vehicle. Since they seem to be going more for the sub terra aesthetic for the area these days (albeit I do really like what they've done with the station), I think it'll be something new.

I'm hoping for no more helicopters and guns. I liked the way you used to walk into the area and immediately walked into a disaster area where some creature had caused havoc. If they did put a piece of the old loop there with tenticles, it would give the impression that Nemesis is reaching out from underneath the ground. Wrapping tenticles around some gun ship helicopter is too Swarmish to me. Still not sure what Anneka Rice touching down in her helicopter by the stall turn has to do with anything.
I have a feeling, from the images we've seen, it looks like AT are planning on something fairly tall/large to be placed within the old Nemesis drill site. I think we could see either a part of Nemmy herself taking the place of the old drill or maybe something like a Phalanx watchtower which has been overtaken by Nemmy and her tendrils.

Agreed. Nothing says 'disaster area' quite like an arcade building full of kids and a donut stall.

Kind of hoping the eye in the trailer is as vivid in real life.. the creature could benefit from a focal point like Wicker Man but also the led screen use of smiler. An LED eye engulfed in flames basically 😂
The feeling of the eye watching people could be a clever idea to add at a later date. Get a camera outside the eye looking at the queue line etc

rebirthing show
Call The Midwife : Live was not on my bingo list for the 2024 season...

So glad they're making an effort in the area though. The closing day really showed just how many guests care about Nemesis. The atmosphere in the area was brilliantly done with the additions they threw in there that evening. Glad to see they're carrying that on for opening day when (hopefully!) the ride will reopen.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.