• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Regarding the soundtrack, I am looking forward to hearing the new one in full on Saturday (probably multiple times due to the length of the queue!) but it will be tough for it to be quite as atmospheric as the original. The one we all know and love is just so iconic. Clearly the new one is inspired by the original, so it will be interesting to see how it does compare.

Not long to go now!

Regarding the soundtrack, I am looking forward to hearing the new one in full on Saturday (probably multiple times due to the length of the queue!) but it will be tough for it to be quite as atmospheric as the original. The one we all know and love is just so iconic. Clearly the new one is inspired by the original, so it will be interesting to see how it does compare.

Not long to go now!
I have the original playing right now whilst i'm working from home!

I’ve seen a lot being made of people camping in their cars Friday night ? Surely Towers security will be moving people along, it must be legally very iffy to have people sleeping in the car parks…
As long as they're safely parked, not causing an obstruction, you're not intoxicated and obey the local parking restrictions it's completely legal. If you're coming from far away enough you could rely on Rule 91 of the Highway Code, which says that you must find a safe place to stop and take a rest if you're feeling sleepy and tired (as long as it's not on a hard shoulder or emergency area).

The parking restrictions listed on the Alton Towers website, however, probably won't permit an overnight stay (although you can ask them):
No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attraction outside the Attraction’s normal operating hours without the prior express permission of the Attraction.
- https://www.altontowers.com/terms-and-conditions/

Doesn’t matter what people say about the surrounding areal, fences etc. You can’t argue it’s probably now the best themed coasters In the uk? Swarm close but doesn’t bed into surrounding landscape as well with the combined experience. I would like to say this is a truly unique theme I’ve not seen around the world anywhere! I do believe if it did have blood red waterfalls, it would be even more “uniquely”
world class. Either way it will be a very immersive experience, certainly brings back a sprinkle of AT magical fairy dust for me just like the Curse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as they're safely parked, not causing an obstruction, you're not intoxicated and obey the local parking restrictions it's completely legal. If you're coming from far away enough you could rely on Rule 91 of the Highway Code, which says that you must find a safe place to stop and take a rest if you're feeling sleepy and tired (as long as it's not on a hard shoulder or emergency area).

The parking restrictions listed on the Alton Towers website, however, probably won't permit an overnight stay (although you can ask them):

Its private land, doesn't matter what the highway code says, if Alton Towers says you are trespassing then you need to get off their land.

Its private land, doesn't matter what the highway code says, if Alton Towers says you are trespassing then you need to get off their land.
I had already pointed that out, but thank you for clarifying.
No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attraction outside the Attraction’s normal operating hours without the prior express permission of the Attraction.

I do hope that Alton Towers Security will be doing the rounds on Friday night and evicting anyone who's stupid enough to camp over either in their car or otherwise. If you want to be there early, just get up early and arrive between 6am and 7am, and enjoy a longer wait than pretty much everyone else will have!

It's not as if Nemesis is a one time product that is going to sell out!

There are many hundreds of perfectly legal lay bys and quiet side road parking places within a ten minute drive of the Towers.
No boozing at all, no dope around the car, stay very quiet, move on every two hours if using motorway services, and move on if asked by the police.
My world tour of Britain will be in the volvo hotel...very comfortable for two, but I will be having a double room to myself...she will not sleep in "that shed"...and no longer wants to visit theme parks.

Are people actually planning to camp out or is this just one of those silly rumours from a joke? I see a lot of collective outrage on social media against the idea but nothing from people saying they’re genuinely are camping out who are serious…

Last edited:
Are people actually planning to camp out or is this just one of those silly rumours from a joke? I see a lot of collective outrage on social media against the idea but nothing from people saying they’re genuinely are camping out who are serious…
Yes, many young thoosies do it.
Back when nemesis first opened, and for the first couple of years, I often set off for the Towers in the middle of the night to avoid the M6/62 mess in the morning rush hour.
Night driving is much less stressful, and it breaks a long journey.
Keele services, Blythe Bridge and around Cheadle come to mind.

I do hope that Alton Towers Security will be doing the rounds on Friday night and evicting anyone who's stupid enough to camp over either in their car or otherwise. If you want to be there early, just get up early and arrive between 6am and 7am, and enjoy a longer wait than pretty much everyone else will have!

It's not as if Nemesis is a one time product that is going to sell out!
I agree with this but I suppose everyone is different. You see if I was going opening day I’d go in afternoon, do some other rides and leave Nemesis night ride til last. I respect all of you who can spend 10+ hours on park I’d be losing the plot by then

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.