• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Well, at the very most they could just put sand in the supports rather than the track itself. Without the iconic Howl, its sheer presence and intimidation will be only half of the original track had.

Just please Merlin, don't let the ride be a former shadow of itself.
I haven't read the details - is it definitely the track or just the supports?

As others have said, I don’t mind the roar going if it keeps Nemesis operating. I think it’s a small price to pay, personally.

Besides, it’s not as if a sand-filled Nemesis would be soundless; far from it, in fact! New Hulk had its track filled with sand, and while it doesn’t roar to quite the same extent as the old Hulk, it still has a fair roar to it!

Just having a look at the documents and in terms of changes to the ride area, the plans state the queue, ride entrance theming, plaza, photo unit, mushroom tours bus and station are all to be retained with the station to receive ‘minor cosmetic repairs to theming’.

So as suspected no preshows or new shops etc.

Take a look at any off ride footage of Monster At Grona Lund, then compare it to literally any Invert made before Banshee. Massive difference if you ask me.
B&M have been putting sand in their tracks since long before Banshee; for some idea, I think even Galactica (2002) might be sand-filled? Correct me if I’m wrong there, though…

In terms of how this will make Nemesis sound, though; I wouldn’t worry. As I said above, Incredible Hulk still retained a fair roar after the retrack! Besides, I personally quite like the lower roar that newer B&Ms have (I think the likes of Mako, new Hulk and Swarm sound lovely), but each to their own, I guess…

I believe Oblivion, Galactica, Swarm and possibility Inferno are sand filled.

Is the current Nemesis definitely not sand filled? Or is this an assumption that is being made?

B&M have been putting sand in their tracks since long before Banshee; for some idea, I think even Galactica (2002) might be sand-filled? Correct me if I’m wrong there, though…

Maybe it's the amount of sand put in the tracks that have changed. Maybe for Air there is very little sand in it, and the newer installations have a lot of sand in them. I just hope that if they do put sand it, it'll be very little as it is in a quarry.

I'm not pleased about the sand but hopefully we still get a good roar. To be fair you don't need to hear it from the other end of the car park like you can currently. I'll miss the atmosphere and tension it creates if there isn't a good sound though it's part of the theming really. I hope to most people it won't be noticeable. Watching a POV of Monster at Gruna Lund it is definitely quieter however it's not in the same environment. It's bound to be louder in the pit that sat on land even with buildings around it. When watching the POV the ride is noticeably louder in tighter spaces and nemesis' entire pit is small and compact. I hope they are putting in the sand as leverage for a future planning application like someone mentioned and that they are not just doing it for no reason.

As for the rest of the information I'm glad that they aren't changing anything and that the layout isn't changing at all. It doesn't need pre-shows or shops it's great as it is.

Now do we know when it'll be closed and for how long? I still think they could get away with closing it in October and then reopening it in June giving them 9 months to do it which I think is possible.

There might not appear to be much to indicate cosmetic changes to the site on the plans, but I have heard rumours that Nemesis will in fact be lightly rethemed to an IP, in order to add commercial appeal of this refurbishment. Having been impressed with Disney's collaboration with Aerosmith on Rock N'Rollercoaster, Nick Varney is in talks to involve Metallica in the new version of the coaster. The current backstory and soundtrack will be reworked to incorporate their classic, universal hit, 'Enter Sandman'.

Of course, this is just a whisper from the hotel gift shop right now, so take it with a pinch of salt/grain of sand.

There might not appear to be much to indicate cosmetic changes to the site on the plans, but I have heard rumours that Nemesis will in fact be lightly rethemed to an IP, in order to add commercial appeal of this refurbishment. Having been impressed with Disney's collaboration with Aerosmith on Rock N'Rollercoaster, Nick Varney is in talks to involve Metallica in the new version of the coaster. The current backstory and soundtrack will be reworked to incorporate their classic, universal hit, 'Enter Sandman'.

Of course, this is just a whisper from the hotel gift shop right now, so take it with a pinch of salt/grain of sand.
Had a panic there for a second but now this is confirmed this is good news.

I heard that too, but from the guy that cleans the loos in X Sector.

So as some suggested, only the track and supports from the top of the lift to the brake run will be replaced. That makes sense as there's no point in spending money replacing track that is not subject to stress.

I guess we won't know if they intend to replace the trains, or any mechanical or electrical components because they wouldn't be relevant to the planning application.

It would make sense to replace any parts that are obsolete or old with newer technologies to reduce maintenance issues and costs going forwards.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.