• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Barring a slight niggle over long term maintenance my expectations have just gone from great to absolutely phenomenal.

They seem to be putting so much into giving Nemmie the love she deserves.
It’s their number 1 ride and they know it. It was fully demonstrated on the last operating day back in November. They know how popular this is, they will want to get it right.

I really hope they don't repaint the creature! I just hope they freshen it up a bit, I think it'd look horrendous if it was repaired in black and red.

I fear your hopes for the Nemesis monster will be as dashed as your hopes for the HH/ Duel refurb where.

I look forward to you telling anyone who likes any hypothetical changes that do occur they are just fanboys when it opens next year :)

I fear your hopes for the Nemesis monster will be as dashed as your hopes for the HH/ Duel refurb where.

I look forward to you telling anyone who likes any hypothetical changes that do occur they are just fanboys when it opens next year :)
Mate, its just my opinion. If people have different opinions to me, I accept that and get on with my life, I don't make fun of them for having such, I apologise if I do so unaware sometimes. I just think that black wouldn't look good on the creature. I'm very open about the tendrils, but the black track makes it look cheesy. If they gave the track a more rotten skin look with the red tendrils protrudingfrom it, it possibly would've blended in very well. That's just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
There is surely no way they are going to want an 80s themed temporary flat ride blaring out music opposite their brand new headline B&M coaster. I certainly hope not, anyway. It would completely ruin the atmosphere.
Then you really don’t know Merlin….

You would think there is a plan but we’ve not seen it yet.

I guess I have no frame of reference for how long these things would "normally" take but I'm surprised to see tracks going in already, what is realistically a year before it is going to open. I assume it's less complex as there is no land-grab etc needed.

Has this always been the case for other rollercoasters when they have been built, eg Smiler etc that the track is so quickly installed?

I guess I have no frame of reference for how long these things would "normally" take but I'm surprised to see tracks going in already, what is realistically a year before it is going to open. I assume it's less complex as there is no land-grab etc needed.

Has this always been the case for other rollercoasters when they have been built, eg Smiler etc that the track is so quickly installed?

I’m no expert but I suppose installing the track is the easiest and often the quickest part. Usually you would have tonnes of ground work to complete, installation of footers, construction of associated buildings, electrics etc… but in theory that is all done already, less the work on the replacement footers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will be interesting to see if they're just going to continue to go from the brake run backwards, or whether they're going to do something similar with the top of the lift hill and meet somewhere in the middle.

I'd assume, given the expected station changes, that the zero g roll will be one of the last things to go in but who knows?

I have reservations about how the painted bits look, but happy to see how it all evolves and comes together.
I have similar thoughts. I'm quite happy with the black and red theme actually, but I'm not sure about the actual design/application of the red bits at this stage. It might look better when it all comes together and is complete.

Either way, I just want it to ride as well as it did before. I'm not overly concerned with the aesthetics to a high degree in all honesty.

The new track looks decent from the photos, but I will make full judgement whenever I actually see the track in person.

Towers put out a press release regarding the project today;

Return of an icon - Nemesis moves closer official images released of first track arrival​

• Thursday April 27th 2023
  • Alton Towers Resort

Nemesis Track Arrival Phalanx Stand By

The legendary attraction - which takes riders on a heart-pounding journey with a g-force of 3.5 and top speed of 50mph - welcomed fans on a final ride round its exhilarating twists and turns last November before temporarily ceasing operations to undergo an exciting revamp.

Nemesis New Track Arrival

Part of the transformation will see the entire 250-tonne, 716-metre-long track replaced ahead of thrillseekers being welcomed back in 2024.

Nemesis New Track Phalanx Inspection

Fans of Nemesis - Europe’s first inverted rollercoaster - can watch the transformation take place on a specially constructed viewing platform, overlooking the site. Up to 30 people at a time can get a glimpse of what’s to come, ahead of the legendary rollercoaster returning next year.

Drone Photo 2

Nemesis closed on 6th November 2022 and guests got to see The Phalanx, the secret organisation tasked with keeping the Nemesis beast under control since its discovery in 1994, take control and close the ride. Since then, fans of the ride have been told how this organisation is carrying out investigations into the beast's behaviour ahead of reopening in 2024.

Nemesis First Track Phalanx

As a result The Phalanx were among the first to witness that the new track has changed colour. Previously white - it is now black, with what appears to be red veins snaking along its length.

Nemesis New Track Arrival Red Veins

Bianca Sammut, Divisional Director at Alton Towers Resort, said: “As Europe’s first ever inverted rollercoaster, Nemesis rightly holds legendary status among thrillseekers.
“At Alton Towers Resort we’re committed to providing visitors with stand-out attractions that are unmatched by anyone else.
“Reaching this latest milestone in the transformation of Nemesis is a proud moment for everyone involved in the project.
“And for all thrillseekers out there it means the day we can take the wraps off our thrilliant revamp is edging ever closer.
“Stay alert for more developments…”

The Phalanx reports all is well amongst the Nemesis beast, encouraging those intrigued by the investigation to come and see for themselves at the new viewing platform - however, recently seen leaked footage implies all is not what it seems…

To find out more, sign up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.