• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
There is surely no way they are going to want an 80s themed temporary flat ride blaring out music opposite their brand new headline B&M coaster. I certainly hope not, anyway. It would completely ruin the atmosphere.
Who knows, Merlin might even surprise us if they make another Phalanx announcement in which they bring back another attraction which is an actually permeant flat ride...Ripsaw return anyone? Could be a golden opportunity to put in a new flat ride in that area as from what we see from WoJ that the only time we'll get new flats is if a big new coaster is opening and thus could be the chance to put a flat ride there which would be very welcomed and given how the park seem aware of the flat ride problem, I wouldn't be surprised if the idea has crossed their mind though it is down to the fact if Merlin will be willing to spare some extra change. That or no RS ride in the area in which while not good would at least spare us of the 80s music.

Love how they are being able to market an existing coaster getting a retrack, I hope with the improvements that the eye on the station maybe becomes a screen so it can blink, as technology has improved since it was last built!

Overall I think the new track is going to look great ! at night with thematic lighting, I can imagine the red veins being really the only thing that shows up

Also a flat ride built along side this would literally be a perfect opportunity, but this is merlin🥲

I guess I have no frame of reference for how long these things would "normally" take but I'm surprised to see tracks going in already, what is realistically a year before it is going to open. I assume it's less complex as there is no land-grab etc needed.

Has this always been the case for other rollercoasters when they have been built, eg Smiler etc that the track is so quickly installed?
It’s only footers, supports and track essentially. The station and lift etc is already in place so I could imagine it would take less time. Everything is marked out already for them.
looks better from distance I think.

Will be great at Scarefest with the lights on it!

Somethings that’s made me think in the videos is the ambient music playing in the background. I’m wondering if it has any link to the future soundtrack, or if Imascore have maybe created some short snippets for the park to use for marketing. Having that atmospheric sound along side some monster noises playing over the area would be fantastic. Then maybe a more dramatic score in the queue line. Sorry😂 I’m just excited to finally see new B&M track at towers!

The Phalanx!

One moment the the mysterious, nefarious, clandestine organisation working under the cover of darkness with high security, codes and military operatives... the next building a viewing platform for the public and posting their activities on social media.

THEY ARE CLEARLY MASTERS OF MISINFORMATION!

I think the new track looks great. I’m loving the fan service as well, good to see Towers are aware of how beloved this coaster is and are giving it the five star treatment. There’s a lot wrong with the park right now, but they are getting some things right with this and Alton Manor (like it or not it’s a vast improvement on what Duel was).

I have some concerns about how they’re going to look after the new paint job and how it might look in a couple of years time, especially given their track record and the current state of other coasters at AT, but right now I’m just excited about the whole thing.

If they ditched funk n fail fly and managed to put a new permanent, themed in flat ride in the area to coincide with its re-opening, well that would just be the cherry on top wouldn’t it? One can dream.

Love how they are being able to market an existing coaster getting a retrack, I hope with the improvements that the eye on the station maybe becomes a screen so it can blink, as technology has improved since it was last built!

Overall I think the new track is going to look great ! at night with thematic lighting, I can imagine the red veins being really the only thing that shows up

Also a flat ride built along side this would literally be a perfect opportunity, but this is merlin🥲
This would definitely be the time to do it, when you've got something that'll actually make people want to visit the park that you can promote and you can stick the crap flat ride that people will only go on if the Nemesis/Galactica queue is too long in as an afterthought.

TBH I think it looks a bit cheap and tacky. I’ll reserve judgement until it’s all finished, but based on what we can see right now, I kinda would’ve just preferred all black track.
Guess you could always break into the ride area and paint it black - or wear really dark glasses.......

I find it hard to believe that with all the recent (fantastic) marketing that Sub-Terra's storyline won't be changed slightly, however minor. It doesn't make sense for it not to include these 'recent developments'...

All this investigation into Nemmie's strange behaviour in 2022?

Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out she was up the duff!

Tell us who did it Nem... We'll deal with them!
That already was the case with Sub Terra back in the day...maybe one of the babies have grown up to take the mantle of the new Nemesis?

Bit of a change in topic but B&M must be a fantastic company to work with. You can see why towers have done so on multiple occasions in the past. No delays on track arriving, amazing programming and build quality! As Mr Wardley himself said, they are the Ferrari of Rollercoaster designers. As much as people really would love an RMC or a new Intamin I want another B&M, you don’t get a lightning rod or a top thrill dragster with B&M, you get something of high quality that operates extremely consistently.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.