• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Coastertog's lastest YT short shows the leg with the spikes in more detail. Also shows what looks like a shipping container with it's side ripped open

1703763272660.png
I don't think could have gotten that description any more spot on in my previous post šŸ˜‚
Definitely leg. It has a covering on it so it looks odd, but the highest point shows the final colour a boney grey exoskeleton atop a red fleshless leg.

received_5120927248031975~10.jpeg

It looks great, I can't wait to see it in the flesh (or lack thereof)
I think the one in front of it will be an even more impressive feature to walk beneath.

Given how they are using now orange eyes for Nemesis as what it had in the original 1994 promo image, it seems Nemesis is going back to a more 'true' look as what was first planned.
It's good to see that happening! Although, I wonder, if we do get a potential Air/Galactica retheme or more than likely much-needed TLC, would we see AT/Merlin making it more like the concept art for that ride as well?

Although in all seriousness, seeing retheming being closer to the concept of Nemesis when it was first drawn up in 1994, I'm looking forward to seeing what else will be changed around FV...

Although, I wonder, if we do get a potential Air/Galactica retheme or more than likely much-needed TLC, would we see AT/Merlin making it more like the concept art for that ride as well?

If there is to be some sort of retheme for this year (personally I'm skeptical but that's for another time and place), I'd imagine it'd be minimal, as most of the budget for new things will be for Nemesis. If Galactica would be having work done to implement new structures, similar to the old concepts, that'd cost quite a bit, as well as planning permission needing to be sorted.

If there is to be some sort of retheme for this year (personally I'm skeptical but that's for another time and place), I'd imagine it'd be minimal, as most of the budget for new things will be for Nemesis. If Galactica would be having work done to implement new structures, similar to the old concepts, that'd cost quite a bit, as well as planning permission needing to be sorted.
Who knows, it wouldn't surprise me if AT/Merlin decided to put a little more money into FV/X-Sector over the coming years. To attract more thrill seekers to the park and to do that, they'd slowly start to give TLC to older thrill-coasters within the park! With the first area being Forbidden Valley and Nemesis.

As they might do this with their new leader (Can't remember her name) prioritizing the park's historic/fan favourite rides over just building new rollercoasters when they aren't needed per-say. Plus, it'd be cheaper than just building newer rides outright as well.

Agreed. By this point in time they would have had to start work if anything significant was going to happen. The RCR is open for the Christmas event so guest access is needed until 7th Jan, giving them only 2 months until start of the season. Recent pictures/vlogs show no work having taken place and the sign that collapsed a few weeks back is still just sat on the floor.

I think the best we can hope for at this stage is a general clean and tidy up of the area.

Agreed. By this point in time they would have had to start work if anything significant was going to happen. The RCR is open for the Christmas event so guest access is needed until 7th Jan, giving them only 2 months until start of the season. Recent pictures/vlogs show no work having taken place and the sign that collapsed a few weeks back is still just sat on the floor.

I think the best we can hope for at this stage is a general clean and tidy up of the area.
Aye, we'll have to hope for the rest and hope AT deliver!

Aye, we'll have to hope for the rest and hope AT deliver!
I would tend to disagree. A hell of a lot of landscaping can be done in that time period. In terms of themeing additions, this can be done to a certain extent off site and then just put into place.

I'm not expected a full retheme but I think more could be done then we think.

Nothing has been confirmed yet, I'd guess sometime in March though. We'll just have to be patient. šŸ™‚
Hopefully it will be ready for opening day on 16th March, which I'd say is achievable provided that testing and the remaining ride / area theming and queue line work goes smoothly. Saying that, if Towers were struggling to meet that deadline and needed more time to get it absolutely right for opening without rushing it, I wouldn't mind waiting just a little longer.

I canā€™t tell if Iā€™m just seeing things, but in videos and pictures itā€™s looks like theyā€™ve not bothered to paint the catwalks on the lift hill. Such a shame if it is the case.

I think in January testing will begin (when the park and hotels are shut) and weā€™ll probably get a new video from the Phalanx or possibly the #SeekTheTruth account saying the creature is alive etc. we might get the name released as well then.
I bet they'd use #seekthetruth for it, maybe revealing who was running it. Maybe a secret cult or organization opposed to the Phalanx and their 'research' into the Nemesis creature.

So, anyone want to make bets now?
On how long queuing times will be for Nemesis when it reopens?
Itā€™s going to be 3 hours isnā€™t it, Alton manor destroys queues and that was hours long on day 1 even taking into account breakdowns. Wonder how many people have booked hotels/pods just to get through the Galactica entrance and get into the nemesis queue quicker for day 1 tooā€¦

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.