• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It doesn't particularly seem to be running faster. I timed 5 on and off ride videos of the pre-retrack and got a time of about 25.624 seconds after it disengages from the lift hill chain until the first car reaches the peak of the loop. The two new testing videos were pretty much the exact same timing.

WARNING: The following images may be considered offensive and disturbing to creative leads and drone cancel culture police. Viewer discretion is advised. Images were taken in accordance with CAA guidelines and are not to be distributed beyond TS without prior consultation. Images from today, 17/02/24.

DJI_0956.jpg
DJI_0943.jpg
DJI_0944.jpg
DJI_0946.jpg
DJI_0947.jpg
DJI_0949.jpg

Brilliant pics. I'm looking forward to how the queueline might travel around more of the ride again. Also, the monster etc looks great from above, so it'll be a lovely landmark for frequent helicopter travellers etc. However, it's obviously harder to appreciate from ground level. Appreciate you sharing the images without having to put a clickbait title or unnecessarily long video alongside them. Really nice images to look back on in the future :)

Tail looks real nice, but makes the old legs all the more odd.
Judging by how much of the theming still seems to be missing or has scaffolding, I'm thinking they may miss the season opening... maybe in favour of a big relaunch event

Only just noticed they have removed the theming on top of the nemesis Photo Booth. Wonder if anything will replace it, new “ripsaw shop” is coming along well too
I did wonder about this yesterday. Given the distance the new Forbidden Valley Shop is from Nemesis, I wonder if the old Photo Unit is actually destined to become more of a Nemesis Reborn Outlet (something similar to the old Thirteen Shop) plus photo booth, whilst the new shop becomes more an 'all things Forbidden Valley' shop.

After all FV does have 3, soon to be 4 merchandisable attractions, but no longer any locations dedicated to selling items for either Galactica or N:ST, so it would make some sense if the new build had sections dedicated to each of the FV attractions.

Worlds away from being finished by the looks of those pictures!
What makes you say this? From what I can see, they just need to complete some last bits of queue line paving, last few bits of station theming and complete whatever work they are doing on the ORP building.

Easily achievable in 4 weeks I would hope. And a far cry from the very last minute complete of Thirteen for example!

Looks like most of the previous fencing in and around the pit is now silver/grey. I can't wait experience the site from angles that I've never seen before.

I hope they're going to do something with the last 'bridge' section of the queue before it turns left into the station, the uneven metal floor and big puddles weren't great. Looks untouched at the moment.

Worlds away from being finished by the looks of those pictures!
I would sort of agree in places. Towers track record when they are hell-bent on a 1st day of season opening is not exactly good. Lastminute.com seem to provide the contractors. They effectively have 3 weeks before they will want the area to look ready for the TV releases / press. Yes, some "estate agents camera" artistic licence can be used - but I remember Konnie Huq (sic) on the Oblivion Blue Peter segment saying "I can see a building site" on the hold at the top of the drop. It was still a building site on opening day when they let the ERT guests in half an hour late.

I guess they could turn it all round in time, my concern really was the loop pit, the helicopter turn and a lot of the pathway looks very messy and well, unfinished! I hope I'm wrong

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.