• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I would be very disappointed if they have not done work to fix the waterfalls; it would feel like quite a large missed opportunity not to do so. Even if the water cannot be died red, the waterfalls really do add something.
The original waterfall delivery pipes that went under the queueline got blocked. So they added the bypass ones that went over the queueline to reinstate the waterfalls. With over a years downtime there is no reason why the original pipes could not have been unblocked - or just continue to use the bypass ones. The pumps for the waterfalls all lower into the pit after the loop / under the bottom of the lift hill (you can see the access covers in the block paving if you look).

I would love to see the "blood" back in the waterfalls, but time will tell on that to see if Towers have found a way to keep the water pit secured from discharge to external water courses.

Out of interest, is it known what Alton Towers actually used to use to dye the water red?

It would be absolutely awesome to see the red waterfalls return, but I’d be happy with any waterfalls, to be honest. I do think that the waterfalls add something to the overall appearance of the area.

Can't they call Dyno-Rod out to get them pipes unblocked?

The red water was a very immersive part of the original theme. Whether it's securing it somehow from discharging or using a dye that degrades quickly if it does, surely they could come up with a solution if they really tried couldn't they? Genuine question as I have no idea how the water got discharged or what kind of dye they used, although it looked like the kind of powder piant used in infant schools (I'm sure it wasn't).

Would find it funny that after all the new features that are being added to Nemesis is that the possible return of the red waterfalls will be what everyone will care about. A fickle bunch we can be, haha.

Juat been posted on the merlin annual passholder hints and tips group on fb

Screenshot_20240220_131213_Facebook.jpg
Eye can see Towers love their PR stunts as always.
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.