• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I still don't like all this change of theme in favour of another secret organisation, another experimental sci-fi area, and another spoon fed back story that leaves nothing to the imagination. I really dislike the "Reborn" moniker as well, seems very Black Hole "2". I hope it's dropped in years to come.

But I can absolutely understand why they've done it. No point spending £millions on what is pretty much a brand new coaster if you can't market it as new and clearly distinguish it from the original. I just wish they thought of a more imaginative excuse rather than just add to the story of a poorly conceived corrugated shed that's hardly operated since it first opened.

But I can absolutely understand why they've done it. No point spending £millions on what is pretty much a brand new coaster if you can't market it as new and clearly distinguish it from the original. I just wish they thought of a more imaginative excuse rather than just add to the story of a poorly conceived corrugated shed that's hardly operated since it first opened.
That’s true because if they didn’t change the theme and backstory then the ride is basically the same. Only way to market it as new is to change the vibe of the area

Email:
"
FINAL REPORT FINDINGS

I’ve said it all along. Turns out the Phalanx had everyone fooled. They reopened the Phalanx Research Facility, increased security, and promised it was all for the greater good. Forbidden Valley was supposed to be on lockdown, everything was under control.

My updates have told a different story. And now, Nemesis Reborn is back. They weren't just aiming for security – they wanted power. Their plan? Experimenting with the Nemesis creature to create a monstrous secret weapon with the power to overcome any situation.

These mutations made Nemesis stronger, enhancing the blood flow through terrifying tentacles, developing impenetrable armour, attack spikes, acidic saliva, and enhanced vision capabilities. Individuals on the inside like me, warned them it was a bad idea, that human technology couldn't control this otherworldly beast. We were ignored.

The Phalanx’s secrets are out, discover the truth yourself from the 16th March!​
"

Guess that's the end of the Seek the Truth plot line

Email:
"
FINAL REPORT FINDINGS

I’ve said it all along. Turns out the Phalanx had everyone fooled. They reopened the Phalanx Research Facility, increased security, and promised it was all for the greater good. Forbidden Valley was supposed to be on lockdown, everything was under control.

My updates have told a different story. And now, Nemesis Reborn is back. They weren't just aiming for security – they wanted power. Their plan? Experimenting with the Nemesis creature to create a monstrous secret weapon with the power to overcome any situation.

These mutations made Nemesis stronger, enhancing the blood flow through terrifying tentacles, developing impenetrable armour, attack spikes, acidic saliva, and enhanced vision capabilities. Individuals on the inside like me, warned them it was a bad idea, that human technology couldn't control this otherworldly beast. We were ignored.

The Phalanx’s secrets are out, discover the truth yourself from the 16th March!​
"

Guess that's the end of the Seek the Truth plot line
Fits Sub-terra pretty well tbf so the whole area will have the same vibe (except from Galactica that won’t really fit the area unfortunately but I guess watch the space with that one)

Last edited:
The Phalanx’s secrets are out, discover the truth yourself from the 16th March!

Is this the first confirmation of availability for opening day?

If so, I am pleased this will quieten the X / Twitter fandom with their incessant shouting about having booked accommodation and not knowing if it will open or not.

It was painful to see.

Nice bit of marketing but somewhere the Tolkien estate (and possibly Universal) are having a fit this morning. Looks suspiciously like the eye of Sauron.

On a related note Barad-dûr and Mordor in general needs to come to Universal GB and I will die a happy man.

Juat been posted on the merlin annual passholder hints and tips group on fb

Screenshot_20240220_131213_Facebook.jpg
Makes me smile that literally nothing can escape the public eye and social media. They could have easily done this within the grounds at the park.

In case anyone needs a starter for ten on the various bits released today. I've just published a news article on TowersStreet, including the press release from the park.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed yet, but I think this press release is the first time the park have stated that the Nemesis Reborn eye will be “brought vividly to life through state-of-the-art audio visual technology – demonstrating its evolution into a predator.”

And also that:

“Extensive, new, immersive elements will propel visitors into this compelling new narrative from the moment they set foot in the resort’s Forbidden Valley.” No doubt referring to the new theming currently being installed on the former site of the Nemesis Cannon.

I hope it still has an eerie mysterious section. Maybe IMAscore will be doing different sections for different areas/ queue positions like they did for Wickerman
IMAScore’s gotten better and better at weaving the rides theme through long ambient sections, I don’t see why they’d stop now. Very excited to hear the full loop!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.