• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm not keen on this new backstory business. Yes, it's always been a load of nonsense that doesn't matter in the grander scheme of things, but still...genetic modification? Come on.

Firstly, you're telling me that the organisation that originally pinned down this nigh-uncontrollable alien decided that a) it might make a good weapon, and b) it needed to be more dangerous? Potentially actually uncontrollable?

Secondly, it undermines the whole idea of Nemesis originally being an overwhelming force that was eventually controlled against the odds. Now humanity's meddling has made something that was nearly unstoppable even stronger?

I'd have preferred it if they'd decided Nemesis was mutating of its own accord, if they really had to justify the rebrand. It's an otherworldly eldritch horror; it can do whatever, regardless of how any real creatures work.

I'm not keen on this new backstory business. Yes, it's always been a load of nonsense that doesn't matter in the grander scheme of things, but still...genetic modification? Come on.

Firstly, you're telling me that the organisation that originally pinned down this nigh-uncontrollable alien decided that a) it might make a good weapon, and b) it needed to be more dangerous? Potentially actually uncontrollable?

Secondly, it undermines the whole idea of Nemesis originally being an overwhelming force that was eventually controlled against the odds. Now humanity's meddling has made something that was nearly unstoppable even stronger?

I'd have preferred it if they'd decided Nemesis was mutating of its own accord, if they really had to justify the rebrand. It's an otherworldly eldritch horror; it can do whatever, regardless of how any real creatures work.

Sounds believable to me humans intervene to make matters worse? Most recent films suggest this concept.

I mean If AI don’t kill us we will…so let’s ride out our oblivious contradictions and enjoy a few helix’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still much prefer the old music, why you’d get almost but not quite is beyond me. Considering FLACS are available it didn’t need it…

Sigh it will be massively missed

We’ve now lost all the Graham Smart music, which is a real shame.

The Black Hole
Nemesis
Towers street
The Haunted House
Toyland Tours

I would argue better than most recent audio bar Wickerman and The Curse at Alton Manor
What's FLACS?

It is a shame that we've now lost all of Graham's audio in the parks with an IMAscore version of Nemesis' music, but remember what Thorpe Park did a while back, changing all of their rides music with new soundtracks by IMAscore. I remember a lot of people didn't really like them, so last year they reverted Colossus and Nemesis Inferno back to their original music, along with no longer using the Domes music as well I think.

I know we haven't hears the full version of the new one yet, I'll try and hold my judgement until we hear the whole thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if in the near future they just bring back Grahams original one if the new version gets a mixed reception.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.