• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Do we think Alton will make any effort for an opening event?

e.g. at the top of towers street on the shutters going up?

Or holding people on/at the bottom of towers street for a presentation by the phalanx?

Or maybe an unexpected event Saturday evening?

Something to get the chatter going on social media again

I really think they tapped into something very special with the alternative reality/Alton thematic universe for the closing event and it would be a real shame for it to stop there.

I could see the helicopter noise and search lights on the lawns along with another video Saturday morning and evening.

I really hope they do a proper controlled “rope drop”. Galactica Gate, HH and Gardens Route closed. Everyone is walked to Nemesis by staff members via one route to ensure it doesn’t become a stampede, reduce the pushing and shoving, and make it safe

I really hope they do a proper controlled “rope drop”. Galactica Gate, HH and Gardens Route closed. Everyone is walked to Nemesis by staff members via one route to ensure it doesn’t become a stampede, reduce the pushing and shoving, and make it safe

It seems like a good opportunity.

Keep people at the bottom of towers street and close the “garden” routes to FV and the galactica gate entrance.

It would ruin the atmosphere for all sides to just allow people another way in.

Slow walking the crowd to FV, it could be extremely dangerous otherwise.

Last edited:
I completely agree with the walk to FV.

Opening the hotel entrance and the galactic gate entrance is an immediate pay to win shortcut. It also seems highly unfair on the people waiting at the main entrance early in the morning to be beaten to the gate by more athletic people.

I can run pretty quick and it wouldn't be an issue for me. but my wife can't so I will be walking with her regardless!

Am I right in thinking they did similar on Nemmy's closing day? Certainly a good idea though as it'll be chaos otherwise.

Do you reckon Nemesis will maintain long queues for a few weeks or do you think it’ll do a Curse and just be really busy on opening day
I suspect it will be normal queue times pretty soon after opening. People might be more inclined to ride it during their day at the park because they haven't been able to do so for a year but it isn't like it is a completely brand new ride experience.

It has one of the better throughputs of the coasters in the park so even if it does get a bit queue the queue for Smiler and Rita will still probably be longer.

Quite amazing how much difference throughput can make. Let’s say Nemesis has 40 dispatches in an hour, that’s approximately 1280 people in the queue if it’s 60 mins. Yet if Get set go had the same amount of people in the queue it would take 10 hours😭

Am I right in thinking they did similar on Nemmy's closing day? Certainly a good idea though as it'll be chaos otherwise.
If you're thinking of the time directly after the fireworks, no they didn't, it was a free for all rush to get to Forbidden Valley. Once there they were directing people to queue for Nemesis on the left or go to the right for everything else and the car parks.

Quite amazing how much difference throughput can make. Let’s say Nemesis has 40 dispatches in an hour, that’s approximately 1280 people in the queue if it’s 60 mins. Yet if Get set go had the same amount of people in the queue it would take 10 hours😭

Yes and Smiler would only need 640 people in the queue for 40 dispatches an hour to create an hours queue… hence why it always has a queue 😊

Yes and Smiler would only need 640 people in the queue for 40 dispatches an hour to create an hours queue… hence why it always has a queue 😊
If the smiler team only managed 40 dispatches in an hour then they would need to be disciplined😂 should be dispatching every minute

If you're thinking of the time directly after the fireworks, no they didn't, it was a free for all rush to get to Forbidden Valley. Once there they were directing people to queue for Nemesis on the left or go to the right for everything else and the car parks.
the strange thing when it closed was i went on the friday as i couldn't go on the sat/sun and nemesis queue was empty for most the day, smiler/wickerman was at like 80min and nemesis untill arround 12 nemesis was at 20-30 (and practically walk on untill 11), i would have thought it would have been longer

the strange thing when it closed was i went on the friday as i couldn't go on the sat/sun and nemesis queue was empty for most the day, smiler/wickerman was at like 80min and nemesis untill arround 12 nemesis was at 20-30 (and practically walk on untill 11), i would have thought it would have been longer
Nemesis wasn’t as popular as Wicker and Smiler in 2022. Now it might be different only time will tell

Nemesis wasn’t as popular as Wicker and Smiler in 2022. Now it might be different only time will tell
It might well be different seeing as Nemesis in 2022 was a 28-year-old ride that was very much in the background within Alton Towers’ recent marketing efforts, whereas in 2024, it is the big “new” draw for the year.

As much as Nemesis is not a new ride per se, I do think that the “new for 2024!” billing could definitely make it a bit more popular this year than it was in 2022.

If the smiler team only managed 40 dispatches in an hour then they would need to be disciplined😂 should be dispatching every minute

Yeah right.

Anyway regarding popularity and queues I really don’t think we gauge it with Nemesis the Revenge so we will just have to wait and see.

It might well be different seeing as Nemesis in 2022 was a 28-year-old ride that was very much in the background within Alton Towers’ recent marketing efforts, whereas in 2024, it is the big “new” draw for the year.

As much as Nemesis is not a new ride per se, I do think that the “new for 2024!” billing could definitely make it a bit more popular this year than it was in 2022.
Oh it will definitely have a busier year. Chances are you’ll be able to get on it in 60-70 mins after opening day which for a new ride isn’t bad. The atmosphere on opening day is always great but I’d never queue 3 hours for a towers ride we’ve done them enough times

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.