• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Chunks were taken out of some of the (polystyrene) theming elements, like the eggs. Would link the posts but I can't find them.

Shocking isn’t. You see why Merlin just think…. F it.

In intrigued on this ‘world class immersive visual effects’ crap. Is this the yet to be seen eye? Or something inside the station perhaps

One of my favourite pieces of theming in Forbidden Valley was the tentacle/slime themed signpost attached to a tall rock just by the Skyride. Small, but effective and an effort towards immersion.

I know over the years that became tired with the fibreglass showing through as it was in reach of guests, but it had a good run I think.

These tentacles all over FV remind me of that, I hope they endure a similar lifespan.

The snake pot in the queue for Mamba Strike. Lasted about an hour before people in the queue got through the plastic shell and started making polystyrene snow
That was a case of wrong material within guest reach, it was a hard coat with not enough layers over Poly. If it were Fibreglass that wouldn’t have happened tbh.

So probably safe to say there isn't going to be a second claw now. Bit strange considering how prominent they are in the promos

How do we know these are up to date videos? At one stage the large helicopter is there, then it isn’t? It just appears there is quite substantial work left to do In 2 weeks including: The games bunker, A lot of painting to be completed, main theming objects appear incomplete, new shop cafe with potential seating area (currently still a construction site) Nemesis pit is dry and no water testing in sight, unless not happening of course? I assume construction walls will need to be built and themed to cover the games bunker whilst they complete this? I will also be very surprised if Sub terror building is left green when everything else is black? Assuming they will need to erect more wooden fencing to cover the car park view. I might be wrong but appears a lot to do in such little time, unless this footage is old? I have faith in Alton towers of course to get everything they can ready for opening day, I’m sure it will all come together some how…fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So probably safe to say there isn't going to be a second claw now. Bit strange considering how prominent they are in the promos

Am I the only one that thinks the queue line doesn’t look long enough. That doesn’t look like it could hold more than 2 hours given how good Nemmys throughput is

How do we know these are up to date videos? At one stage the large helicopter is there, then it isn’t? It just appears there is quite substantial work left to do In 2 weeks including: The games bunker, A lot of painting to be completed, main theming objects appear incomplete, new shop cafe with potential seating area (currently still a construction site) Nemesis pit is dry and no water testing in sight, unless not happening of course? I assume construction walls will need to be built and themed to cover the games bunker whilst they complete this? I will also be very surprised if Sub terror building is left green when everything else is black? Assuming they will need to erect more wooden fencing to cover the car park view. I might be wrong but appears a lot to do in such little time, unless this footage is old? I have faith in Alton towers of course to get everything they can ready for opening day, I’m sure it will all come together some how…fingers crossed

Looking at this from the latest video:

1709809754993.png
And this picture he posted on the 3rd March, I'd say the it was the same day at some point last week:
1709809804146.png

Am I the only one that thinks the queue line doesn’t look long enough. That doesn’t look like it could hold more than 2 hours given how good Nemmys throughput is
I'm thinking that it'll be absolutely fine, apart from maybe opening day (and maybe a few other peak days this year). I would hope that they would have a plan for temporary extended queueline just for situations such as mentioned. But in normal operation as the months and years go by, it should be fine. It'll be fun finding out on the 16th anyway :)

They’ll be working constantly no doubt. Probably up until guests arrive.

Odd there is still no eye or claw. Seems half (two thirds) finished - I am guessing the weather hasn’t helped.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.