• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This is interesting... as per TPWW's latest update (3:40) it appears that Nemmy's lift hill can now slow down as a train is approaching the top if the other train hasn't yet cleared the brakes, just like Galactica. This should enable the crew to dispatch trains a little earlier then previously if they're ready.
But cue the social media comments that Nemesis is breaking down because it keeps slowing down and stopping on the lift hill!

To be fair though I don't think I've ever known a train to be sat waiting for the previous one to return before it is despatched, so although this new system is good, I can't see how it would be of much benefit? I guess maybe it is a standard feature of the new and updated control system therefore it has to be tested regardless of whether it will actually be used.

But cue the social media comments that Nemesis is breaking down because it keeps slowing down and stopping on the lift hill!

To be fair though I don't think I've ever known a train to be sat waiting for the previous one to return before it is despatched, so although this new system is good, I can't see how it would be of much benefit? I guess maybe it is a standard feature of the new and updated control system therefore it has to be tested regardless of whether it will actually be used.
Previously the earliest a train could be dispatched was when the prior one traversed the vertical loop, so this new system may allow a train to be dispatched a little earlier than that.

If I recall correctly the old lift did have two speeds but you'd be unlikely to ever see it at slow speed. That would only happen if you left the other train sitting out in the transfer section. This could be a block check.

Previously the earliest a train could be dispatched was when the prior one traversed the vertical loop, so this new system may allow a train to be dispatched a little earlier than that.

Two-speed lift hills are mainly to save on wear and tear on the lift motors. It is far more forgiving on the machinery to slow it down, rather than starting and stopping a multi tonne train on the lift.

Not sure why you would want to dispatch earlier, it wouldn't do anything for the through put because you'll just be waiting longer for the train to arrive back at the station, undoing any time saved.

Last edited:
I remember back in the early noughties when - during XRT - one of the ops would frequently dispatch the second train when the first had just passed the vertical loop. Usually the first 15-20 mins of XRT when trains would be 1/4 full - those were the days!

DistortAMG is right though, as long as the station's clear for the second train, it doesn't increase throughput.

It is great though when those wheels on the brake run keep spinning and the train rolls in... optimal efficiency. 👌

Does anyone know if the pre lift kicker wheels act as a block section or is it part of the lift block? I suspect the latter.

In anycase, you can dispatch a train on Nemesis as soon as a train crests the top of the lift hill, as the lift block is cleared. The second train will stop on the lift hill however, while the first train clears the first break run.

Dispatching Nemesis when the other train is going over the vertical loop, ensures the dispatching train doesn't stack on the lift. The multi speed lift will not change anything with this, you'll still be able to dispatch as soon as the lift block has cleared.

Does anyone know if the pre lift kicker wheels act as a block section or is it part of the lift block? I suspect the latter.
They are part of the lift section.
In anycase, you can dispatch a train on Nemesis as soon as a train crests the top of the lift hill, as the lift block is cleared. The second train will stop on the lift hill however, while the first train clears the first break run.
That's not true. Maybe in manual mode you can do that, but in automatic mode the dispatch interval will prevent you from dispatching until the other train is approximately in the vertical loop. This prevents the train on the lift from needing to stop (under most circumstances) reducing stress on the lift.

Dispatching Nemesis when the other train is going over the vertical loop, ensures the dispatching train doesn't stack on the lift. The multi speed lift will not change anything with this, you'll still be able to dispatch as soon as the lift block has cleared.
In theory yes, but the Original Nemmy had a timer or sensor that wouldn't allow dispatch untill the prior train traversed the vertical loop.

Edit: Beaten by @Alsty

They are part of the lift section.

That's not true. Maybe in manual mode you can do that, but in automatic mode the dispatch interval will prevent you from dispatching until the other train is approximately in the vertical loop. This prevents the train on the lift from needing to stop (under most circumstances) reducing stress on the lift.

Correct. Sorry I worded it wrong. I was referring specifically to the hardcoded block clearances of when you would be able to safely send a train. Excluding the dispatch interval because it's not safety critical and softcoded.

But yeah, in general circumstances you have to dispatch when the train clears the loop, that can be adjusted by tech services, whereas the block configuration cannot.

Pedantic throughput post incoming;

Even if you end up with an empty station for a while, sending trains earlier always increases capacity, assuming trains can always go straight into the station. This is more obvious if you think about a ride running 1 train - the loading time clearly contributes to the overall dispatch interval alongside the actual ride duration.

If a ride operates 2 trains without ever stacking or having to wait for a block to clear you can treat each train as independent of the other and throughput can be calculated as follows:

Number of trains per hour = 2 x 3600 / (ride duration in seconds + average loading time in seconds)

more generally, the following always works regardless of other factors

Number of trains = 3600 / dispatch interval

Note that (loading time) cannot be used in place of (dispatch interval) in the above case in cases where there may not be another train ready to enter the station immediately

They also ran with 1 train loading and 1 train locked down a fair bit when there was dips in visitors throughout the day

so are they sending on train with no one on and another with people, what is the advantage?

Don't have to unlock and relock the other train, means the other train is signed off so when it gets busier it is ready to be loaded.

Well I’m shocked I’m the first to say I saw it 👀, animatronic style teeth/tenticle bits confirmed for the eye of the creature. If you watch closely in the latest squad quads video I see one of them lift up and down briefly… exciting! Obviously this is just setup/testing of the parts I would assume. Cool to see though! Very excited to see the final result

Around 13:48 into the video btw. Look at the teeth part of the eye and one of them moves upwards

Last edited:
Well I’m shocked I’m the first to say I saw it , animatronic style teeth/tenticle bits confirmed for the eye of the creature. If you watch closely in the latest squad quads video I see one of them lift up and down briefly… exciting! Obviously this is just setup/testing of the parts I would assume. Cool to see though! Very excited to see the final result

Around 13:48 into the video btw. Look at the teeth part of the eye and one of them moves upwards

You have a very good eye blink and you miss it…if you pardon the pun. Are we sure they’re not just adjusting the eye parts, rather than animatronics? Either way it looks great and a screen behind will make it pop, looking forward to seeing it all with sound effects on opening day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.