• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I find it really interesting that the biggest news in the UK’s theme park industry is this failure, so big in fact that it has reached the front page of BBC News:

IMG_4198.jpeg

And yet, the same people who plastered social media with gushing positivity after attending the press event, all now seem to be mysteriously silent.
Yet I heard one of the journalists who went to the press launch on LBC News this lunchtime talking about the shutdown and calling it a “PR disaster” so you really can’t tar all the media with the same brush.

Hence why they didn’t want to make an announcement earlier in fear people would just demand a refund instead of re booking. They wanted the numbers through the door

Ohh give over, you really are banging on a door that doesn’t exist. It would have been better for them to have put people off coming from a PR perspective which is far more important than a single days gate take.

Fact is most people would have already committed to the journey by 8am, and they almost certainly won’t have know the extent of the issue at that time.

We’re up to 12 pages of discussion since the closure of Hyperia was announced. I think we’ve said all that needs to be said or speculated about the timings of the closure being announced without ending up going round in circles about it.

Back to discussion about the ride itself and its hopeful reopening soon please :)

We’re up to 12 pages of discussion since the closure of Hyperia was announced. I think we’ve said all that needs to be said or speculated about the timings of the closure being announced without ending up going round in circles about it.

Back to discussion about the ride itself and its hopeful reopening soon please :)
That's one page per every hour it operated on Friday. 😜

My best friend's husband is taking their kids on Saturday and I've warned them not to expect it to be open. Keeping my fingers firmly crossed for them 🤞🙂

I would imagine, unless it is the parks fault, everything would be covered for such a premature failure. They can't provide a courtesy unit of such a thing so covering replacement and installation would be the next best thing.

This is an excellent comparison video, you can see just how Hyperia warms up as the day goes on!

this is intresting, i feel like both speeds has really good parts to it, the faster the train i think the better the outter bank and some of the other air time moments will be, but the slower running train looks like it stays in that hang time for a stagering amount of time.

Last edited:
Do we have to start bringing reality into this so bloody frequently.
We are bored in the queue, have to talk about something...

They deserve it.
They would save on post and packing.

Wuss.
Used to be "king cotton pie and peas", bread and butter, cup of tea, then a couple of pints of flat keg bitter pretending to be cask with a fizz killer, and a fantastic six foot gorilla knocking out the standards on the piano above the bar...a real one mind.
All under the space invader in the rain...
Then all the coasters.
Never a problem on the day, but often a bit of a dicky tummy the next day.
You young 'uns etc...
Why is there an onion on my belt...
Completely off topic of course...
Back to the kebabs.
What is the current standard, quality and range please.
Stuff the coaster, the quality and standard will just have to be acceptable...the food at Thorpe I have always enjoyed.
You're reminiscing about the good old days at Thorpe Park, with traditional meals, drinks, and entertainment. Now, you're curious about the current quality and variety of kebabs at Thorpe Park, emphasizing that while coasters are important, the food quality is your main concern.

Last edited:
Sorry craig...messing up the topics, again...
Naughty corner, whip etc...

You're reminiscing about the good old days at Thorpe Park, with traditional meals, drinks, and entertainment. Now, you're curious about the current quality and variety of kebabs at Thorpe Park, emphasizing that while coasters are important, the food quality is your main concern.
Not really, just pulling legs.
I can get dodgy kebabs a few metres away from the Velvet, thorpe is for hyperia.
I have only visited thorpe in the last decade, health stuff means not in five years.
Never had a bad visit.
Good company, beer, social etc...
The food has always been a low priority, no traditional meals, just crap in the dome and junk elsewhere...but thorpe was my first theme park dodgy doner, so a little special.
Looking forward to my visit, in the correct topic of course.

I'm increasingly wondering why they didn't set this as a 2025 thing. They could have had a less rushed construction/ testing (ideally avoiding the flubbed launch), and actually spent time on the theming and landscaping to make it a 'full package' experience instead of feeling half arsed. This is atrocious;
mud-1.jpg
(from here)

I'm increasingly wondering why they didn't set this as a 2025 thing. They could have had a less rushed construction/ testing (ideally avoiding the flubbed launch), and actually spent time on the theming and landscaping to make it a 'full package' experience instead of feeling half arsed. This is atrocious;
mud-1.jpg
(from here)

99% of punters will not notice or care.
Looks to this gardener that all landscaping, and frame planting,has been completed...and probably sown.
Grass grows quickly, spotting some of the other planting, laurel grows very quickly...attractive views will have been set and screen planting is in place.
In my humble opinion.
There will be a more detailed assessment later in the year.
But it looks fine to me, big metal bits, sky and mud.
Fine for now.
Will look better over the next few months and years.
Give me time to get the mower out.