• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

On a slight side tangent, what is the Single Rider Queue like on Hyperia? Does it tend to offer a notable advantage over the main queue, or is any significant advantage potential negated by it being quite busy? Does it get busy, or is it usually quite quiet?

I’m going next month, and I was pondering whether I could potentially use it for a reride if my parents and grandad allow me to reride and they don’t want to go back on. I wouldn’t want to only have 1 ride on Hyperia if possible, but I obviously wouldn’t like to bet on what queue times will be like during August.
I'd recommend it I'd say, Single Rider works for Hyperia and does reduce the queue.

There has been staff at the queue entrance (mainly so people know what queue to go into and to ensure single rider is for those who are on their own or don't mind being split up).

Only other time I saw staff manning the entrance is on the Smiler and at Europa Park 😊

Only issue is that groups do try and use the queue to skip the queue and expect to ride together 😱

Funnily enough when I did my first or second ride on Iron Gwazi I was a little nervous, I love coasters but do get a bit fearful of heights, especially as on the queue for that ride you look out to the lift hill in line with it and it looks insanely high.

Anyway, there was a guy next to me on the ride, probably mid forties and to calm my nerves a bit I asked him if he’d ridden it before, turns out he had, about 200 times and he was local to Tampa - he then told me his 80 year old mother was a huge fan of the ride as well!

On a slight side tangent, what is the Single Rider Queue like on Hyperia? Does it tend to offer a notable advantage over the main queue, or is any significant advantage potential negated by it being quite busy? Does it get busy, or is it usually quite quiet?

I’m going next month, and I was pondering whether I could potentially use it for a reride if my parents and grandad allow me to reride and they don’t want to go back on. I wouldn’t want to only have 1 ride on Hyperia if possible, but I obviously wouldn’t like to bet on what queue times will be like during August.
I queued from:
1721301499833.png
and it took 20mins when the main queue was advertised at 55mins, by all accounts I was very lucky though so results may vary.

he then told me his 80 year old mother was a huge fan of the ride (Iron Gwazi) as well!
Not ridden yet, but I'd challenge anyone over 50 to ride Gwazi in its last days. Boneshaker is an understatement. My Dad still rides The Big One at 78 - quicker than a check-up at the hospital for a quick "shake-down"

Original layout proposed by Mack for Hyperia. Looks like a good layout, more traditional hyper style, not as unique as what we got though.
Hyperia OG layout.png

Image from this video, also includes POV at 12 minute mark.

I much prefer that layout to the one that we got. That layout looks like it provides more airtime than the Hyperia that we got, and I like the low-to-the-ground final section.

Out of pure curiosity, I’d be curious to know; is there anyone else on here who hasn’t ridden Hyperia yet?

I only ask because it feels like everyone and their dog has ridden it now, but I’m not able to get on it for another month…