• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Things do go wrong, of course they do, but let Jo Public know the important stuff, like their shiny new prestigous ride may not "practically" be available to ride. We have visited a few times over the past week, and spoke to Jo Public, who were very dissapointed about Hyperia; not able/willing to queue for 2 / 3 hours to ride, but worse not being aware before their visit that it was very likely.
Agree things do go wrong. When I went I was chatting to a variety of people there who wanted to go on Hyperia, but due to only 1 train running it meant they had to choose/miss out on lots of the other Fright Night events, due to the longer than average queue line on Hyperia. I personally decided it was best to go back another day once I knew Hyperia was running on limited capacity. I always check the queue times on the app. It would of been helpful to know beforehand about Hyperia having longer queue times.

Personally I can't wait for Universal Studios in Bedfordshire to start building because although there are other theme parks about in the UK. Merlin do have the upper hand 🖐️ and they know it.

#rant Chessington on Sunday had no-one looking after the car parks. If they had they would of prevented cars parking directly behind 2 rows of parked cars. My car was stuck in the middle and I had a hell of a time trying to get out. Chessington simply shrugged their shoulders and said there's nothing they could do about it but wait for the drivers to come back at the end of the day!! Bad parking is down to bad drivers. I know it's the driver's fault but if Merlin had car park attendants there, it would not of happened! #endofrant

Last edited:
rant Chessington on Sunday had no-one looking after the car parks. If they had they would of prevented cars parking directly behind 2 rows of parked cars. My car was stuck in the middle and I had a hell of a time trying to get out. Chessington simply shrugged their shoulders and said there's nothing they could do about it but wait for the drivers to come back at the end of the day!! Bad parking is down to bad drivers. I know it's the driver's fault but if Merlin had car park attendants there, it would not of happened! #endofrant

The disabled car park is similar now. People seem to have figured out it’s usually either unmanned or you can lie your way in and by lunch time it’s full of people double parked. At the weekend I had to pretty much reverse round the whole thing whilst my wife waited at the entrance with our son as there wasn’t room to put him in the car.

It is tarmac at least.

Really not feeling confident about Friday now, might be a one and done but what the hell are they doing still selling fast pass on a abysmal one train operation.

Really not feeling confident about Friday now, might be a one and done but what the hell are they doing still selling fast pass on a abysmal one train operation.

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

I'm going tomorrow, do you guys think single rider will even be worth it? I'll probably just wait in the main queue