• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

So I think I’m attempting my first Hyperia ride today!

My friend has tickets for the Merlin employee event tonight. Has anyone been to one of these? Are the queues likely to be shorter than normal? Will the app be working?
The app is unlikely to be working, it hasn't during any of the private events or buyouts I've attended. The queues will be a heck of a lot shorter than normal. Most importantly...

JUST BLOODY ENJOY YOURSELF!

First time on Hyperia yesterday, 70 min in single rider que, I had row 6 and I found it rough, Has anyone else has this experience or have I just been treated to the joys of Shambala last week and set my standards to high. The first drop is just incredible

First time on Hyperia yesterday, 70 min in single rider que, I had row 6 and I found it rough, Has anyone else has this experience or have I just been treated to the joys of Shambala last week and set my standards to high. The first drop is just incredible
Some do seem to have found the ride rough.

I didn’t personally find it rough to the degree that it inhibited my enjoyment of the ride (and I should add that my roughness tolerance is not the highest), but it does have more of a rattle than Shambhala, from my experience.

I found Shambhala absolutely glass smooth, whereas I found Hyperia to have a little bit of a rattle (albeit not a major one). I found it most pronounced in the valley between the Immelmann and the outer bank.

I should add that I’ve only done it in rows 8 and 10 thus far. I have heard people say it’s roughest and also most intense in the middle of the train, for some reason, and your experience in row 6 would line up with that.

Last edited:
70 min in single rider que,

That seems longer than the main queue yesterday! Not sure what to do today, won't be able to gauge visibly as i've never been there. My gut says these off peak days are probably more likely to attract single riders and its better off going in the main queue...

That seems longer than the main queue yesterday! Not sure what to do today, won't be able to gauge visibly as i've never been there. My gut says these off peak days are probably more likely to attract single riders and its better off going in the main queue...
Oh yeh, I wish I used the main que, 99% of people were in 2s and single rider que was just not moving at all, 70 min for Hyperia to 3 back to back walk on's for Stealth so cant moan too much

Single rider varies hugely too. I had two laps in single rider yesterday at around 10:30 and 11. First time I waited from the bottom of the stairs and it took 35 mins. The second time it had halved and was from the final straight (back of the queue in the photo) and it took an agonising 25 mins to go the very short distant to the front. If crowd levels are similar today and the back of the main queue hovers around Burger King I’d use main queue over single rider if single rider backs up onto the straight section before all the main queues merge. When I checked back in the afternoon main queue stated 60 but single rider looked enormous and would have taken about 90 by my crude estimations. I then tried to ride for the final ride of the day but they shut the queue as I was walking towards it 10 mins early.

a647a1d6bc0ac8599bb6377eda74c8b2.jpg