• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Got the chance to go on park last week and see Hyperia. Its looking TALL!

Its funny it went up so fast and seemed to slow down again.

The view from the bridge is going to look so good when its done.
hyperia14thdecemberinsidepark-01.jpg

The standard walking down towards old town photo

hyperia14thdecemberinsidepark-08.jpg

This last turn is gonna be insane!

hyperia14thdecemberinsidepark-55.jpg

Who stole this section of fence?

hyperia14thdecemberinsidepark-85.jpg

Cant wait to see the lift hill fly up! The view from the shipping container platform was cool!

hyperia14thdecemberinsidepark-79.jpg

hyperia14thdecemberinsidepark-76.jpg

Point 1: Are people really complaining about muddy track during construction?

Point 2: I am really looking forward to this coaster. It looks crazy and potentially quite intense. Could this be an issue though? I mean I305 is a phenominal and intense coaster, but that intensity seems to put a lot of people off - I've never seen a long line for it, and it can even be a walk on on busier days.

I'm sure Thorpe have Done their research... but my point, I suppose, is 'when does crazy get too crazy?'

Thope have given us a little look into the metalwork for Hyperia happening offsite ready for the new year. They've said the shape & design is to complement the 'wings'.
FB_IMG_1703101100843.jpgFB_IMG_1703101096000.jpgFB_IMG_1703101117777.jpgFB_IMG_1703101047158.jpg
As per Silktone's latest update, where he goes inside the factory, the fencing in photos 2 and 4 is for the queue line, and the slats in photo 3 are for the outside walls of the station and mech bay.

Source:

With 2024 now upon us and 3 months to go until the new season starts, do we really believe hyperia will be ready for opening day? With so much work to be done, I’m thinking an Easter open is looking more and more likely as this progresses. If track isn’t fully complete by early feb, I’d hope they would delay opening to make sure their biggest investment in decades is absolutely perfect…

Obviously Swarm, Saw: the ride & stealth are a lot smaller but track was fully complete and testing was happening already happening around this time. Nevertheless, they still had big teething problems come opening.

If you look on page 59 I did a little analysis looking at thorpe parks own construction rough timeline and took into account the day the project went vertical and compared to how long they wanted to allocate to each part of construction.

Going by that I had the date at April 11th 2024 that the rides testing and commissioning phase would be over and the ride would be ready, Easter is March 31st so it might not be ready for the bank holiday and I'm not sure how on track they are with vertical construction but I believe they want it done by the end of this month which weather dependent should be possible.

I know very little about this sort of thing, but it seems they're more or less about the half-way point of vertical construction. Remember there's several weeks, maybe a whole month of comissioning once all the electricals are in place before we even start to see manned test-runs.

But given how this thing has flown up, I really am hoping it'll be ready for opening weekend; but I do see your skepticism. I reckon maybe, at a push, start of April we might get to have a go on this thing; May does seem a good shout though.