• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

The onboard audio for Blue Fire is great - when it works! Only half the trains are even equipped with speakers and among those that do it is usually broken (on one ride at New Year the music kept stopping and looping back to the start so it was all a bit of a farce!)

Can be good if it works reliably, but if it doesn't it's better to just not have it.

The top of the lift hill, maintenance platform and part of the drop has been delivered to the site ready to be built and installed in one huge section.

hyperia25feb2024-31.jpg

They've started to wire up parts of the coaster too

hyperia25feb2024-34.jpg

They've already installed a control panel on the bottom of the lift too
hyperia25feb2024-30.jpg

Anyway... it looks so pretty from across the lake

hyperia25feb2024-02.jpg

My favourite photo! Can't wait to come back here in the summer and watch the coaster go around.

hyperia25feb2024-08.jpg

More at the usual place

Well looking at ticket prices it seems the end of April is when they’re aiming to have it open
We don’t want or need a recreation of a rushed RCT coaster without being fully tested or commissioned, just to get that important ££ #rollercoaster1 has *******

I actually feel at this point we are looking early to mid May if all goes to plan. Track will be complete early march, lift hill chain and commissioning i think will be over 1-2 days. So testing could start on 1 train possibly mid March. Testing needs to be completed before being handed to Thorpe to allow operators and hosts to be trained and assessed,