• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I have reassuring news regarding the trim brake brackets seen on the exit of the Immelmann; Thorpe Park confirmed to a commenter in the annual passholder’s group that these brackets are there as a precaution, and will only have trim brakes installed within them if the ride overspeeds during testing.

So these trim brake brackets may never actually have trim brakes installed in them at all!

I have reassuring news regarding the trim brake brackets seen on the exit of the Immelmann; Thorpe Park confirmed to a commenter in the annual passholder’s group that these brackets are there as a precaution, and will only have trim brakes installed within them if the ride overspeeds during testing.

So these trim brake brackets may never actually have trim brakes installed in them at all!
That's very good news!

What is classified as overspeeding? 21mph is counted as overspeeding in Wales you know.
I assume overspeeding in this context would mean the ride going significantly faster than Mack had intended during the design stage, and possibly doing things like causing havoc with the blocking systems or exerting unsafe g-forces.

RMC has set the standard for rides absolutely hauling through elements. It can be done safely and I hope these trims don't turn Hyperia into a slower, 'floaty' ride.
Some of Mack’s recent rides, such as The Ride to Happiness and Beyond the Cloud, are apparently quite intense, so your wish may come true!

I should add that RTH apparently even has a trim brake in a spot that seemingly no one has noticed, which should hopefully reinforce even further that Mack would not intentionally neuter forces if they didn’t have to.

Some of Mack’s recent rides, such as The Ride to Happiness and Beyond the Cloud, are apparently quite intense, so your wish may come true!

I should add that RTH apparently even has a trim brake in a spot that seemingly no one has noticed, which should hopefully reinforce even further that Mack would not intentionally neuter forces if they didn’t have to.
Yeah RTH is very intense and Voltron looks promising too.

We shall see.

For a case study of a how badly wrong operating a ride without functioning brakes can go, see Quimera in Mexico.

Prior to it derailing, fan sites were praising the park for running it untrimmed (i.e. faster). The increased speed would have put huge stresses on the train (possibly beyond what the manufacturer intended), resulting in increased damage over time

Well, if they did that (if they needed them) not only would the supports get damaged every time a car goes through and the ride car it self would be damaged which would lead to down time and we all hate down time
It wouldn't be anywhere near that rapid an onset unless it were horrendously mis-designed.

Not sure if this is even new information but it will definitely be opening in spring which is good should be open before my birthday in mid June, I'm still thinking sometime in May.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-20-15-13-51-81_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-20-15-13-51-81_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 50
Not sure if this is even new information but it will definitely be opening in spring which is good should be open before my birthday in mid June, I'm still thinking sometime in May.
Yeah but they said spring for Ghost Train and it was more like early summer, late May if I remember rightly… I’m a little sceptical of Thorpe’s definitions but hopefully you’ll be ok for your birthday

Everyone's posted great photos from the past few days so thought ild post a rubbish one.

The platform 15 fence has been replaced! Kinda...

hyperia20thjan2024-30.jpg

Operators booth or?

hyperia20thjan2024-45.jpg

Lift hill... your next!

hyperia20thjan2024-46.jpg

Pretty photo time!

hyperia20thjan2024-59.jpg

The view from the water sports park next door is beautiful!

hyperia20thjan2024-01.jpg

Anyway... lets lift that lift hill into place now :)

Yeah but they said spring for Ghost Train and it was more like early summer, late May if I remember rightly… I’m a little sceptical of Thorpe’s definitions but hopefully you’ll be ok for your birthday
Pedantic hat on. Given that summer officially begins on the 21st of June, Ghost Train was mid-late Spring.

The latest Hyperia can open, and it still be claimed as a Spring opening, is June 20th.

I don’t know why but Hyperia just isn’t doing it for me, not sure why as it should be ticking a lot of the boxes!

I’m more excited for Nemesis and Draytons new coaster this year. Will obviously ride at some point but no urge to ride in any hurry.

Pedantic hat on. Given that summer officially begins on the 21st of June, Ghost Train was mid-late Spring.

The latest Hyperia can open, and it still be claimed as a Spring opening, is June 20th.
Well, I have a pedant cloak and it tells me meteorological spring ends 31st May so nyah 😂

Tbh, the point I was making is Spring is vague, so gives Thorpe plenty of wriggle room. like “quarter 2” - are we talking calendar year? Financial year? Etc etc…

Don’t book your tickets until it’s actually opened is my suggestion