• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

Something I noticed in one of the building elevations was what appeared to be the maintenance hatch on one side of the building. Of course this is likely to be required regardless of the attraction, but it did seem to be just the right size to get a coaster train in and out.
Good find! Could that possibly add weight to the indoor coaster theory?

I'm not sure what, if any, impact this is likely to have on the type of attraction we should be expecting, but the Sustainability Statement says the following:

"It should be noted that Elementa Consulting has been informed that due to the expected nature of the development, the building will not be heated, cooled, or mechanically ventilated and it will not have a water supply. Mechanical ventilation, if needed, will be confirmed at detailed design stage."

I'm not sure what, if any, impact this is likely to have on the type of attraction we should be expecting, but the Sustainability Statement says the following:

"It should be noted that Elementa Consulting has been informed that due to the expected nature of the development, the building will not be heated, cooled, or mechanically ventilated and it will not have a water supply. Mechanical ventilation, if needed, will be confirmed at detailed design stage."
Games Bunker v2

So we can rule out a water ride then?

Do indoor water rides have a water supply or just a body of water processed through the system over and over again?

Even "closed loop" water systems need a mains water supply due to evaporation?

You can tank in clean filtered water quite cheaply.
Just to keep the options open!
But unless they build some sort of closed reservoir, surely they’d need a mains water supply for that?

Big tankers, like the ones that fill petrol station tanks up!
Your local water board has several dozen of them.
You can buy water cheap from the board by the tankerful.
Lots of market gardeners do it.
Likewise some private swimming pools, they are off the mains, and have small treatment plants on site, and lose only a little to evaporation.
Edit...30,000 litres costs about two grand, delivered.
I'm sure Towers could get a bulk discount.

You'd think that there would be water supply so that you can have water sprayed at you, straight after you've been blasted by an air canon.

You'd think that there would be water supply so that you can have water sprayed at you, straight after you've been blasted by an air canon.
That's a good point. Not having water or air effects would lean even more towards a coaster.

It's a good point that while not having a water supply doesn't rule it out totally, it's slim to none. I would imagine the water loss to wet jeans is quite high!

I know that this forum is all about discussion, and that there is little else to do but speculate in this topic, but…

My god this topic is painful to read through when people keep speculating about what we already know it isn’t.

I haven’t read the planning application, mainly because I’m relying on the core aspects to be posted here in no time. And it didn’t take long for someone to point out that they explicitly state “roller coaster” several times. So I really think the speculation over whether it’s a water ride (yes, I know a water coaster is a thing, but already that’s highly doubtful) or a dark ride is a fools errand. Planning applications will only state fact. So if it says it’s a roller coaster, that’s what it is,

Regarding whether it’s an SW or not. Maybe they have moved away from that for future investment? Maybe it’ll be labelled SW at a later date? Maybe this isn’t an SW, but is still a coaster, and SW9 won’t be a coaster? It not currently being labelled an SW however is not evidence that it isn’t a roller coaster.

As you were