• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I don't want to keep sending the thread in circles as I have complained about it myself :tearsofjoy:but in Joh Wardley's interview just posted in the Nemesis thread, he clearly lists (most) of the coasters he's been involved in, and then says "a big new ride is coming after Nemesis opens in 2024". That's Project Horizon surely?
I'd assume so... that does add quite considerable weight to the theory of it being a coaster, as he was solely talking about coasters in that interview.

No it didn't because he said 'ride' not coaster.
However, he was talking solely about coasters in the list of things he reeled off... even though John designed plenty of non-coasters for Alton Towers too. If I'm remembering correctly, the interviewer also asked the question through the lens of rollercoasters... although I could be wrong there.

On a random side note; mods, is this thread going to move to the Planning Portal subforum now that we have a planning application?

Or does that forum not really have a purpose anymore? (I notice that it's been dormant since 2019...)

On a random side note; mods, is this thread going to move to the Planning Portal subforum now that we have a planning application?

Or does that forum not really have a purpose anymore? (I notice that it's been dormant since 2019...)
Good point! There has been no significant development at the park since WM, which was the last discussion in that sub-forum so...I guess it's time to delve back in!

After putting out the next chapter of my alternate history and I end up missing up on all the drama on here but here's me after reading through it:

Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

I'm sticking for a return of Black Hole coming home in a glorious Steampunk theme with both the Dungeons and TWODW getting the boot.

So a bit of fun. The word Horizon isn't random. Amazon = Jumanji, exodus = being lifted/extracted from the earth (my take on it).

For the sake of our mental health let's just take it as a given its a coaster.

What could Horizon reference?

My personal bet is...

Most likely there is some integrated screen tech that runs in sequence with the coaster at certain parts / scenes. I would be happy to put beer money down this is an Intamin.

The fantasy guess would be Horizon, as in event Horizon aka the edge of a black hole.

Alton Parish Council's response to the consultation has been posted to the planning portal, with them strongly objecting to it.

That is in addition to all but one of the locals' public comments being against it.

I'd be amazed if this gets the green light in its current guise.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on WHY they 'strongly object' to it. The planners should take many aspects into consideration when deciding on whether to allow permission. If they have genuine reasons for objecting then fair enough. On the other hand, if it's stuff like "There might be 2 extra cars passing through the village per day causing pollution" then I doubt the planners will take it into account too much compared with other considerations. I do try to look at these things equally from both sides though, so I would be interested to see the actual objections.

Last edited: