• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

He mentioned the same thing a few times at the towers times Q&A at the weekend. Think it’s mostly tongue in cheek from what I gathered. But with fire in the hole opening up who knows.

The video also mentions ‘more whimsical themes being on the horizon’ which I think ties in with something said at the TT event.
And another interesting one is the question "What would be your dream coaster to design and work on?"- His response is "Well, I could already be working on it, so watch this space".

That could well be Project Horizon.

Worth noting as well that Fire in the Hole's budget is £24m~ (for a revamp of an existing attraction, albeit an incredibly extensive one) compared to Horizon's £12.5m for the entire project, so it still makes me wonder what that budget actually refers to? Seems to be very similar dimensions on the two rides, too.

I think it’s assumed as it’s indoors it won’t be a massive thrill coaster as the building restricts the size somewhat.
Well now that RMC is all but confirmed that's partially why I've asked -- RMC have quite compact and imaginative inversions so I'd be a bit disappointed if the country's first RMC doesn't have a few of those elements.

Last edited:
I guess it’s not confirmed to be a family coaster so it could end up be more thrilling than first thought. But it would be so merlin to build the much anticipated first UK RMC and make it a family coaster…😂 I’m still leaning on the side of he’s pulling our leg about RMC, but I hope I’m proved wrong. The park did consult with them pre wickerman if I’m not mistaken?

Worth noting as well that Fire in the Hole's budget is £24m~ compared to Horizon's £12.5m, so it still makes me wonder what that budget actually refers to?
FITH relies A LOT on substantially themed sets, effects and has a water element. There's no way Horizon will be even half of what FITH is.

I'm not convinced this will be RMC. It's as though Silver Dollar have just played this quite nicely into John's hands for a bit of friendly enthusiast wind-up.

Could this be the 1st single rail indoor coaster. We all know how merlin like 1sts.

You woild be able to get tight turns and inversions into a small space. This would reduce the budget as there wont be as Many scenes like FITH

Personally, I’m thinking it’s more likely to be Burton pulling our leg than it is to be an actual hint at the ride being an RMC, but I’m certainly open to surprises!

My personal thought is that Intamin seem like a reasonably likely candidate, as I feel like a Multi-Dimensional Coaster would be a logical fit for the space and they seem relatively dominant in the indoor coaster sector at present, but anything could happen at this stage, particularly given Merlin’s recent propensity for going with somewhat unorthodox ride types and/or suppliers.

I can't see this being a wind up to be honest, it'd be a bit of an own goal to tease something like RMC and end up with an indoor Pinfari or equivalent 🤣

I'd take an indoor RMC single rail if its the start of a beautiful relationship. *Cough* Cross Valley *Cough* 😜

I would love an RMC at Towers, but I am still sceptical. I would be very happy to be wrong.

I can't see this being a wind up to be honest, it'd be a bit of an own goal to tease something like RMC and end up with an indoor Pinfari or equivalent

I'd take an indoor RMC single rail if its the start of a beautiful relationship. *Cough* Cross Valley *Cough*

Well, RMC did post this yesterday on Twitter. I know that they like to tease but this is a little intriguing…

db7f41a529c7e34bb58214c1dea46cc3.jpg

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/15s10j0/discussion_this_was_recently_posted_by_rocky/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk