• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[20XX]: Historama Replacement - Gameplay Theater

CSLKenny

TS Member
Historama (currently Journey to Rulantica preview centre) is set to be replaced by a new attraction. It was mentioned in a recent Mack Rides interview piece in Kirmes und Park Revue magazine. It will be a Gameplay Theater (interactive shooter attraction). No opening year was mentioned.

The "Gameplay Theatre" is based on the idea of a rotating theater, where guests move from stage to stage. Max Röser: "Here we will utilise our omnimover darkride system, with a back to back configuration. A dividing rear wall between the riders forms a closed space on the inside or outside of the ring of cars. Because we always turn the vehicles when the scene changes, a collection of 10 different rooms is created here per trip. On the inside we work with physical sets, on the outside with projections and screens. Due to the small footprint and the rather high capacity, we hope that this ride will be very popular. 'The first project of this kind is the renovation of the "Historama" in our own Europa-Park.'

Screenshot_2021-11-03_at_22.11.22.png

https://tacumeon-rides.com/en/gameplay-theatre/

Can someone please translate what that says?
Can't copy and paste it into Google Translate as it's a photo.

Do the Macks realise that there's been a pandemic? All the other theme parks seem to have turned their spending right down, while we keep on hearing about new things for Europa Park.
I mean its only - next year Eatrenalin the crazy dark ride restaurant thing, the Kronasar hotel extension, something for Rulantica's outdoor area and the rethemed Adventureland/Jungle Flossfahrt - 2023 Croatia and the new coaster - this Gameplay Theater whenever it happens - the monorail between the park hotels and Rulantica - and sometime in the next 4 years the 3rd Rulantica slide tower with a RallyRacer and 2 other slides.

Nothing too excessive...:p

Can someone please translate what that says?
Can't copy and paste it into Google Translate as it's a photo.
I translated the relevant part in the quote above the picture.

I mean its only - next year Eatrenalin the crazy dark ride restaurant thing, the Kronasar hotel extension, something for Rulantica's outdoor area and the rethemed Adventureland/Jungle Flossfahrt - 2023 Croatia and the new coaster - this Gameplay Theater whenever it happens - the monorail between the park hotels and Rulantica - and sometime in the next 4 years the 3rd Rulantica slide tower with a RallyRacer and 2 other slides.

Nothing too excessive...:p

I translated the relevant part in the quote above the picture.
Ah so you did, silly me. :oops:

I assume that the cars/walls can be manually rotated in the event of a technical issue or fire evacuation?

Do the Macks realise that there's been a pandemic? All the other theme parks seem to have turned their spending right down, while we keep on hearing about new things for Europa Park.
Yeah, and they probably see it as time to clean up against the competition who are cutting back. EP is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Interesting concept, it's almost like a small footprint version of a Toy Story Mania style ride. Seems to be a good use of space and will likely be better and more popular than the current theatre.

Bump! This has gone very quiet since it was first mentioned a couple of years ago, but in an interview with Badische Zeitung, Roland Mack was speaking about the upcoming 50th anniversary (2025) and a new ride they have in the pipeline:

"In addition, we have a nice ride in the pipeline, where we are converting an old system. I won't reveal details yet, but it will be in the center of the park."

I wonder if this could be the conversion of the Historama in to a Gameplay Theatre? It certainly fits in with what Roland has said.

It’s a good shout. The only other ride I can think of around the centre of the park might be Euro Mir?

Geisterschloss could also be considered in the middle of the park.

Geisterschloss is definitively NOT in the middle in the park, just look at a park plan. The middle of the park are Russia, England, Luxemburg, maybe Holland. Italy is very close to the entrance. My guess is gameplay theatre in Historama as well. Mir would also in the centre; another possibility would be Arena of Football. But Historama has probably the most pressing need for a new attraction. I am sure, that the Rulantica advert there was not meant to be shown for so many years, but as we all know, plans got uprooted with pandemic and fires.

I class Geisterschloss as the middle of the park because It is surrounded on all sides by other attractions. That doesn't mean it's geographically at the centre of the park, but if I was planning a new attraction I would class it as the middle of the park because other areas would need to be closed to gain access.

I think it has to be the Historama theater or Euro Mir, both of which are more or less in the middle of the park map, halfway between the two entrances.

Even at the rate EP builds, an Euro Mir replacement seems unlikely to be open by the 2025 season, which is about 16 months away. The gameplay theater seems a little more likely to me from a logistical point of view. I'm not the biggest fan of interactive shooting rides but this seems like a novel twist on the concept and I trust Mack to put something interesting together.

I class Geisterschloss as the middle of the park because It is surrounded on all sides by other attractions. That doesn't mean it's geographically at the centre of the park, but if I was planning a new attraction I would class it as the middle of the park because other areas would need to be closed to gain access.
I see what you mean, but I am sure that Mack really meant "center of the park". In the German original it is very clear to me. He would not classify the rebuilding of Alpenexpress as "center of the park", although it is surrounded on all sides by other attractions. And I think it would be feasible to renovate Geisterschloss using a big crane from the Mario-Botta-Place behind the EP-Dome. I mean, they managed to renovate Eurosat without closing whole areas for that, so why not Geisterschloss?

I was going to add I didn't read the original German, and that could have been a detail lost in translation.

Mack Rides have announced they will now sell a built-in partnership version of the gameplay theatre featuring the Smurf. Presume this won't be for Europa Park and if we do get a gameplay theatre it will be in-house characters but there is always a possibility - they aren't afraid of bring in any IP the Mack family are linked too in even the most tangible of ways :tearsofjoy:

This could go to a Plopsa park. They rethemed a coaster to Smurfs at Plopsa Coo last year.

I cannot see this IP in Luxembourg Square at all.

Holiday Park nearby is currently working on a 2025 Smurfs dark ride to replace Burg Falkenstein. Zero chance of that IP coming to EP