• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

4:00pm ride closes scrapped!

Magrathea said:
Also, I'd love to hear the opinion of local residents (who are usually very supportive of the park) on having, say, Spinball and Oblivion's lifts and Nemmy's music blasting until 11pm every night for a month, followed by a month of 9pm closings, followed by Fireworks!

I personally wouldn't mind, Nemmy's roaring would easily help me sleep.
I've sat in my garden on a warm day, listening to Nemmy's roar, it's surprisingly soothing.

Although, the one thing that will annoy me if they keep the park open for longer, would be the traffic leaving the place.It's annoying enough at 5pm, never mind at 11pm or 1am!

thefatone said:
To save costs, they could very very easily drop staff down to minimal once the queues are non-existant. Drop down to minimum trains and staffing once the queues hit 0mins after 5-6pm (depending on when in summer it is).

The problem here is that queues hitting 0 minutes after this time means that there is no demand for the park to be open so late. If the overwhelming majority of people have left (probably because they've hit all the major rides and that's just what a lot of people are after) already, can you really justify the massive costs of keeping an entire park open for the few who will just be re-riding for a few hours?

As a worker I couldn't justify it.

As someone who would go round and round and round on Nemesis I could easily justify the extra opening. ;D

BULBOUS said:
The problem here is that queues hitting 0 minutes after this time means that there is no demand for the park to be open so late. If the overwhelming majority of people have left (probably because they've hit all the major rides and that's just what a lot of people are after) already, can you really justify the massive costs of keeping an entire park open for the few who will just be re-riding for a few hours?
Just cos there's 0min queues on park doesn't mean there isn't a few thousand still on park - these rides have over a thousand an hour capacity!

Justifying staying open.. it's a resort, it'll bring more people to the hotels (probably better doing this after 3rd set of accomodation appears as the rest is fully booked over summer), it may bring more people as they have longer to visit and ride things as well!

I check the opening times on the website every week and im pretty sure that most days in September have been classed as 4PM closes all year

They have as far as I can tell also.

Weekends in September and October are now 5pm, were they 5:30pm before?

Now there's something that's got me,alot of Fridays and weekends where classed as 5:30PM for alot of the season,but as those dates got closer,they where changed.