• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

£49.20

Whilst the likes of LWV, DMP and Mingoland have their current pricing structure, Towers will continue to be the best value-for-money Park. £25 for DMP or £35 for Towers (online prices) for example, you are getting a MUCH better product at Towers. £35 for a minimum of 7 hours, I think, is pretty good value. Yes, it's expensive, but most forms of entertainment are; Cinema & Theater being prime examples.

This year we have visited towers (4 times), Light Water Valley, Flamingo Land and BPB (twice)

We have since purchased Merlin Annual passes, even if we only use it for towers then we feel that we are getting more value for money there than at the other parks visited this summer, Lightwater felt like a fair with 2 good rides (Ultimate and raptor attack) Flamingo land was very MEH and still it cost £30 odd quid each and BPB just feels so very chavvy (we witnessed sceurity escoring someone out who was going bonkers) and so very dated now.

Towers isnt cheap and its a couple of hours away but its worth it, hoping to get to Thorpe Park and Chessington before the summer ends, tho im not sure we can afford/fit it in.

Hopfully all the other merlin attractions will keep us all busy till the parks reopen after halloween and the fireworks .

He's been going on about this for years and years. Nice to see he's remained professional in his comments...

I do actually agree with him though, VAT should be cut for the tourism industry.

:)

Considering it's the Torygraph sympathy for either the Government OR Merlin is not exactly forthcoming.

Merlin particularly are getting slated on that comments section.

Though I did find Varney's comments amusing I must admit, and I'd also in part agree with his points, and if they committed to using the extra funds bought on by a lower VAT rate to hire more staff, provide a higher quality attraction, and also lower the gate prices then I would support it.

Given their price rises/quality/profit ratio at present though I remain skeptical it would do anything other than pay shareholders and the parent company more money.

The Government wont change VAT on the leisure industry, they need the money for the MPs pay rise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is, if the government did lower the VAT, I highly doubt Merlin will suddenly lower prices. NO doubt they will stay the same (or go up), which then means bigger profit for the shareholders.