• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Advice Reqd: Next Day Return Tickets for Fireworks Event

C

Chazington

Hi All

Need some advice please...

So, I'm planning on making a trip up to AT for the Fireworks event on 3/4th Nov.

From what I can see, 2-4-1 vouchers aren't valid during these dates. Last year I went to Scarefest and bought the first day ticket using a 2-4-1 voucher and was able to buy a Next Day Return ticket at AT Guest Services for around £10.50. So, it cost me approx £30 for entry into the park for 2 days. Result :-D

It would seem that the cheapest way to purchase Fireworks at AT tickets are to book in advance on the AT website. They're currently £26.10

Has anybody or does anybody know if you are able to buy Next Day Return tickets at AT Guest Services for the Fireworks event?

Of course, taking into consideration that I'd have to purchase the first day tickets online in advance.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Much appreciated

Chaz

You can buy Towers2 (or whatever it's called this year) return tickets for the Fireworks whilst on park at the moment and I assume they will sell these all season until the actual event. They cost more than normal return tickets though I cannot remember the exact price (I think somewhere around £15) is the price.

Of course this may be different (I.e. cheaper) if it was bought as a next day ticket on the day before fireworks.

Just a note, if you know an Annual Pass holder, get them to purchase the Ticket for you as they can get the 20% discount.

Thanks guys.

Looking at AT website a 2 day ticket costs £35.10, which covers the firework event.

Ie. you save 40% off the on-the day ticket price by booking in advance and the second day is an additional £9, which as I understand it is cheaper than purchasing a next day return on resort.

As it happens I am a merlin premium annual pass holder. I was finding out cheapest option for non-passholders coming with me.. but if I can get a further 20% off, thats would make the 2 day ticket 28.80 :-D Will find out.

Thanks again :)

I think the WH Smiths 2 for 1 vouchers work for the whole season.

As far as I'm aware, these are the only vouchers that do.
I could be proved wrong though.

There is nothing on the back of the vouchers about limitations at Alton Towers, but there are about other attractions.

I dont think that may be the case Longy :(

If the following link is anything to go by, then even the WHSmith vouchers aren't valid for use during the AT Fireworks Event 2-4 November

http://merlinentertainments.biz/en/whs.aspx

From what I can see, at the moment, the cheapest way to buy tickets for the Fireworks event between 2-4 Nov is to purchase in advance online - Currently, £26.10 for a 1 Day Adult Ticket

I rang AT and they said a Next Day Return ticket will cost £9.

A 2 Day Adult ticket online is £35.10 - same thing.

Ah, right.

Yeah, you're probably best getting the return tickets pre-booked so that you are guaranteed entry, as Fireworks are one of the most popular times on park.

It's probably better value for money as well, compared to 2 for 1 vouchers...

T said:
Just a note, if you know an Annual Pass holder, get them to purchase the Ticket for you as they can get the 20% discount.

Wait... you get 20% off on the "Come back any day" Tickets with a MAP?

Oli said:
T said:

I think "come back any day tickets" are only valid untill November the 1st

josht said:
Oli said:
T said:

I think "come back any day tickets" are only valid untill November the 1st

That's correct I've got one in front of me now.
When I was there, they were selling a Return ticket for the firework event at around £19.50, where the any day before 01/11/12 was for £15.