• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Power

I've just had an idea... if Towers is having problems with power blackouts, then why don't they invest in solar power? Or wind power? Or any form of renewable backup power to help them out? It would be good for the environment, too!

My guess would be that the local NIMBYs would freak out at the idea of wind turbines.

Also, they are NOT having problems with power.

Doesn't help that people don't comprehend that all these renewable energy sources require more work to go into them to gain the same amount of power as the likes of coal and stuff (otherwise we'd all be using them, the time frame for money back saved on your bills from solar power is 40-50 years in some cases)...

They're only useful in small end situations or supplementation...

^There are entire theme parks & waterparks that have installed solar panels and now get over 90% of their power from them.

Albeit, the British weather would limit their effectiveness at Towers.

My guess would be that the local NIMBYs would freak out at the idea of wind turbines.

Also, they are NOT having problems with power.

Correct. However Towers can't just build whatever rides they want wherever they want. Without infrastructure upgrade. Else they will have power backout issues. (this was the case a few years ago at least.) So they do have a power problem in the sense they have to carefully select attractions and locate them next to existing power infrastructure to avoid real power problems, RITA is a good example of this.

So in essence their power issue, if you could even call it that, is a management one at best and not an actual infrastructure one.

EDIT: I also would have thought that over time, the infrastructure gets and has been upgraded. Alton Towers is a well well established major attraction.

Last edited:
Correct. However Towers can't just build whatever rides they want wherever they want. Without infrastructure upgrade, else they will have power backout issues. (this was the case a few years ago at least. So they do have a power problem in the sense they have to carefully select attractions to avoid real power problems, RITA is a good example of this.
A power constraint seems a better way to word it.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk