• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers 2014 and Onwards

Randomizer462

TS Member
I Think 2013 will be a Brilliant Year for Alton and could Boast the Amount Sales and will Be Become more Well Known through out The Country, What are your thoughts on the Future? Explain :D

i have been told from a few people that alton are planing to put new accommodation ( NO HOTEL) into the park with in the next 4 years :D

Mark00us said:
i have been told from a few people that alton are planing to put new accommodation ( NO HOTEL) into the park with in the next 4 years :D

I'd say this could be those camping pods planned a while back. It could easily slot near the hotel or the old Carnival of Screams.

yea that is what i have been thinking, id love something like that, this would make a new experience for staying at alton :)

Going quite far into the future here, once SW7 is completed and development on SW8 (hopefully) begins, where will they be able to put it or do you think they'll have to remove a structure as they have done for SW7?

jmdarsenal said:
Going quite far into the future here, once SW7 is completed and development on SW8 (hopefully) begins, where will they be able to put it or do you think they'll have to remove a structure as they have done for SW7?

I still believe (with many others) that the original SW7 was the heavily rumoured Air Car park, and to fill space it was overlooked until later where less new space would be available. I could see SW8 being there.

Several other forums seem to be mentioning the following sequence of installations, has anyone else heard this / know anything about it as I find it hard to believe:-

2014 - 2 x large scale family attractions installed
2015 - 1 x world’s 1st roller coaster
2016 - SW8

Like I say before I get shot down I am just reposting what has been stated (and not substantiated) on other forums. Personally I don’t believe it.

Well after 2013 there'll be a medium investment year and small investment year.

We've already got two of the three coasters the MTDP spoke about, and most of the new rides it mentioned were supposed to be in the first five years, with the resort getting ore focus after that, so I wouldn't be surprised if the new accommodation went in within a few years.

If I remember correctly, from the talks at TT@10 we are set two see two new products on park for 2014.
Not hint as to what these could be, a family ride, a show I doubt anything major for a medium investment year.

Vicky said:
If I remember correctly, from the talks at TT@10 we are set two see two new products on park for 2014.
Not hint as to what these could be, a family ride, a show I doubt anything major for a medium investment year.

Did they ever say 'on park' - I thought it was just two 'products', with no mention of a ride. I feel a hotel or resort development on the cards.

Blaze said:
What happened to that central tower with four slides or what ever it was supposed to be?

Knowing Alton Towers, shelved to collect dust and be forgotten. :p If what Mark said at TT@10 is accurate, then it will be a very long time before we see the Waterpark getting any new additions. Until figures start to drop they will leave it as it is for now.

Ollie said:
Vicky said:

Did they ever say 'on park' - I thought it was just two 'products', with no mention of a ride. I feel a hotel or resort development on the cards.
That's what I thought. A third hotel would be nice, although the rumoured Entertainments complex could be making an appearance.

I have a feeling it will be Adventure Land getting attention in 2014, with the Beastie replaced (product one) and the ice tent being replaced either by a new tent and show or new building and ride (product two). I can't see the resort side of things being touched just yet, but time will tell. :)

I've found it hard to see what towers would do in the last few years they always surprise me so I think this is what I would personally do after 2014. Even though 2013 has a major new coaster been installed so I think they will re theme storybook land after the shreak re theme got canceled after that I wouldn't like to guess

There are 2 new "products" in 2014 if things haven't changed from TT@10, strongly rumored to be family based.

I am expecting we see an IP theme area in 2014 which will feature two new products, one of which i suspect will be a beastie replacement. Merlin have had some success with IP based attractions and can see how much impact an IP based family/kids area can have on attendance.

If this is what happens the question would be which IP would the park go for, looking at the other IP themed areas around the World so far in the UK we are yet to have:

sesame street(busch gadrens, some sea world parks and Port Aventura) after walking through port aventura recently, could see this fitting in at Alton and would eaily be able to retheme the rides in story book land and the farm. However it depends if the park want a more kid friendly area.

Loony Tunes: (six flags) Cant see it fitting in at Alton.

Dreamworks (WB Movie World Australia , Universal Singapore) the shrek plans fell through but maybe a dreamworks area themed around the varuous movies much like opened at Movie world in australia this year as doesnt have to have the shrek 4d attraction but shrek, Kung fu Panda and Madagascar

The park could also go for something completly new but cant really think whay else that would have longivity.