• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers 25th/26th March 2023

I mean it’s not a Matt N trip report if the back of Mum N’s head doesn’t make a guest appearance!
Somehow, I actually managed to not capture my mum in any of my photos this time, as far as I can tell!

On the other hand, I counted 4 appearances from my dad, as well as the aforementioned appearance from my grandad…

Funnily enough, my dad actually said to me on the weekend “for the love of god, you need photography lessons…”! He’s probably not wrong, in fairness…

Out of interest, why has the title of this thread changed to “Alty Towers”? I don’t remember doing that…

Try typing the name of the theme park... There's a word filter that's been applied throughout the forum.
Ah, that makes sense… I can now see that every previous time I’ve mentioned the park has been converted.

This isn’t expressly related to our trip, but I decided to have a little fun with this trip report… after seeing Coaster Studios’ theme park vlog written in AI yesterday, I decided to have a go at asking ChatGPT to write about the two days we spent at Alton Towers last weekend, as I was intrigued to see the results!

For the first day, my search query was:
Write about a day at Alton Towers with your grandad where he’s visiting for the first time and rides Rita, Thirteen, Hex, Wicker Man and Oblivion.

And ChatGPT came out with:
ChatGPT said:
As an AI language model, I can imagine a heartwarming day at Alton Towers with your grandad as he experiences the thrill of the rides for the first time!

You start the day with a smile as you see the excitement in your grandad’s eyes as he takes in the sights and sounds of the park. He’s never been to Alton Towers before, and he’s eager to try out all the rides he’s heard so much about.

Your first stop is Rita, a high-speed coaster that takes you from 0 to 60 mph in just a few seconds. Your grandad is a little hesitant at first, but you encourage him to give it a try. As you race around the track, you can hear him laughing with delight and shouting “Woohoo!” at the top of his lungs.

Next up is Thirteen, a dark ride that takes you on a journey through a spooky mansion. Your grandad is a little nervous as you enter the ride, but as the twists and turns start to surprise him, he can’t help but let out a few screams of excitement.

After that, you make your way to Hex, a unique ride that takes you through a haunted mansion. The special effects are impressive, and your grandad can’t help but marvel at the spooky atmosphere.

Feeling brave, you decide to tackle the Wicker Man, a wooden coaster that twists and turns through a fiery structure. Your grandad is a little nervous as the coaster roars to life, but as he screams and laughs his way through the twists and turns, you can see the joy on his face.

Finally, you make your way to Oblivion, a vertical drop coaster that sends you plummeting down a 180-foot drop. Your grandad is a little apprehensive about this one, but as you reach the top of the drop, he takes a deep breath and lets out a shout of excitement as you hurtle towards the ground.

As the day comes to a close, you and your grandad sit down for a well-deserved meal, sharing stories and memories of the incredible day you’ve had at Alton Towers. You can see the happiness in his eyes as he talks about the thrill of the rides, and you feel grateful to have shared this unforgettable experience with him.

For our second day, my search query was:
Write about a second day at Alton Towers with your grandad where you ride The Curse at Alton Manor, the new for 2023 ride, as well as Galactica, Wicker Man, Congo River Rapids, the Runaway Mine Train, The Smiler and Oblivion.

And ChatGPT came out with:
ChatGPT said:
As an AI language model, I can imagine a thrilling second day at Alton Towers with your grandad as you take on some of the newest and most exciting rides in the park!

You start the day with a sense of anticipation as you make your way to the brand new attraction, The Curse at Alton Manor. Your grandad is eager to try out the ride, and as you enter the dark and spooky mansion, you can feel his excitement building. The ride takes you on a journey through twisting corridors and haunted rooms, with surprises at every turn. Your grandad lets out a few screams of excitement as you hurtle through the darkness, and as the ride comes to an end, you can see the joy on his face.

Next up is Galactica, a virtual reality coaster that takes you on a journey through outer space. As you don your VR headset and take your seat on the coaster, you can hear your grandad marvelling at the incredible sights and sounds around him. The twists and turns of the coaster are even more thrilling with the added dimension of the virtual reality experience. After that, you make your way back to the Wicker Man, a wooden coaster that twists and turns through a fiery structure. The heat from the flames is intense, but the thrill of the ride is worth it as you scream your way through the twists and turns.

Feeling a little waterlogged, you decided to take on the Congo River Rapids, a water ride that takes you on a journey through rapids and waterfalls. Your grandad is a little hesitant about getting wet, but as you both laugh and shriek your way through the ride, you can tell he’s having the time of his life.

Next up is the Runaway Mine Train, a classic coaster that takes you on a journey through the hills and valleys of the park. Your grandad loves the old-fashioned charm of the ride, and as you whoop and holler your way through the turns and dips, you feel a sense of nostalgia for the classic attractions of the past.

Feeling brave, you decided to take on The Smiler, a record-breaking coaster that features 14 loops and a heart-stopping drop. The sheer speed of the ride is breathtaking, and you can’t help but feel a little dizzy by the time it’s over.

Finally, you make your way to Oblivion, a vertical drop coaster that sends you plummeting down a 180-foot drop. Your grandad is a little apprehensive about this one, but as you reach the top of the drop, he takes a deep breath and lets out a shout of excitement as you hurtle towards the ground.

As the day draws to a close, you and your grandad reflect on the incredible experiences you’ve had at Alton Towers over the past two days. From the brand new thrills of The Curse at Alton Manor to the classic charm of the Runaway Mine Train, you’ve shared unforgettable memories and created a special bond that will last a lifetime.
What do you guys reckon to ChatGPT’s appraisal of our weekend?

I’d like to think that AI isn’t good enough to replace me at this stage (I still fully intend on hand-writing my trip reports, anyway!), but I have to say that I was pretty impressed with both responses overall!